Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Body Parts  (Read 868 times)

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Body Parts
« on: July 08, 2010, 01:58:55 am »

My Moody Carpenter needs Body Parts for his artifact. But I've slaughtered a few animals and that didn't help. What does 'Body Parts' mean?

rodya_mirov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Body Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:33:51 am »

You need shells (from turtles).

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 12:41:53 am »

You need shells (from turtles).

Really? That's what that means? Thanks! I've had two dwarves that want 'body parts'. Didn't they say "shells" in 40d?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:45:40 am »

According to the wiki, bones might also qualify.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Epacsten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 01:40:03 am »

When I had a moody dwarf screaming for body parts, I slaughtered a horse and it worked.
Urist McMayor: "Uh, err, h-hello --"
Kung Ustruorgu: "BE ENGULFED IN CLOUDS OF LOCUSTS AND EATEN ALIVE, MORTAL, FOR I BRING GREETINGS FROM TRADING GUILD. THERE IS MUCH TO DISSCUSS REGARDING TRADE BETWEEN OUR NATIONS AND YOUR INEVITABLE DEATH CAUSED BY HORIBLE MUTILATION OF YOUR PELVIC FLOOR.
WE ALSO PROPOSE EXCANGE OF SILK SOCKS, COOKIES AND TOYS."

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 04:22:13 am »

Slaughter an adult animal; they will have all the body parts there.
If not, it is in fact shells. I had a place in 0.31.06 and there were no turtles to be found; therefore, I went and added [SHELL] tag to cartilage and slaughtered another foal. The moody dwarf happily grabbed the cartilage, and went about their business.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 04:40:26 am »

Yep, I found it to be a handy way to kill three birds with one stone to add the [SHELL] tag to hair, feathers, nail, and scale -- the body parts that seem to have no use and that sit in your refuse piles without ever deteriorating or being used.  The cartilage, though, I left alone -- the others seem more believable than that.

(Corrections welcome if I'm wrong on any of those body parts.)

Let Them Eat Cartilage.
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)