Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The diaries of the Overseer Reithan from the Fortress of Light.  (Read 913 times)

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-Unknown Date and Year, deep into the forest.
We have been searching now...for 2 days. After we got attacked by the dark forces, we went out to search for OUR new homes. We went to build a new city in the stones. We heard of a legendary place called: "The Holy Fields", which is said to be located on the coordinates of 20x20. Sadly those are nowhere clearly stated and so we are sear-
The diary stops here, blood dripped on the site.
-5 minutes after the ambush
We got...ambushed. I cannot evenw rite about the cruel things happened here..it were...the forces of the darkness..skeletons..many of them..we lost many men and are now not more than 7. But theres not only bad messages, in the backpack of the skeleton "officer" we found the current date, its the year 3057 in this glorious world, but we decided to start our own date...after we survived all this...may god help us.

OOC info: As this is my currently even first "real" gameplay apart from some not more than basic fortresses, dont except too much as im a total noob. I will make this myself but with YOUR advisions. So before I start this, heres some general questions:
1. Whats the best way of getting mud? Thats a serious question as I always needed days to get a water source flowing into the fortress area with the fields and making them useable -.-
2. Do you want a more "surface" based castle ((Not soo many stairs leading down)), or a completely underground one? ((Atleast 10 stairs in the ground))

PS: More story to come soon as the game is started hehe
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The diaries of the Overseer Reithan from the Fortress of Light.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 10:33:27 am »

-Year one, month one, day one - a new begin
I couldnt write the last days as we started to put up our encampement, we reached it! Shortly after the ambush we found it! The isle of dragons and the ...its just..amazing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We started the first expedtions donwards, yet discovering some places to get food going! Its just so amazing!
We aleady made the area for our stockpiles as well need it very soon.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anyone wanting to be dorfed? Say it now! Hehe.
Current available jobs:
2 miners
1 wood-cutter
1 woodsworker ((Also doing crafts later))
1 stoneworker ((Also doing mechanics later))
1 Farmer/Brewer
1 Farmer/Cook
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"