Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can Cave Blobs Kill. Dwarven Torture with Syndromes and Animals.  (Read 461 times)

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wanting a dwarfy way to kill things that doesn't involve 200Z drops into the magma seas, I decided torture, was, well, dwarfy. And having a dwarf do it suggests lack of automation, and we can't have THAT.

So, I looked to animals. I wanted something that would kill you before you died of starvation, but not too much before. Helmet snakes sound nice, but I have a feeling that actually getting them to bite once, and then retreat, would be hard.

So, can numerous cave blobs bring about the death of a dwarf?

Also, this thread is also for torturing/killing dorfs, and other annoyances (in a slow but gruesome way) so please, be creative. Armok is watching!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:34:15 am by Talfryn »

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
Re: Can Cave Blobs Kill?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 01:23:44 am »

Wanting a dwarfy way to kill things that doesn't involve 200Z drops into the magma seas, I decided torture, was, well, dwarfy. And having a dwarf do it suggests lack of automation, and we can't have THAT.

So, I looked to animals. I wanted something that would kill you before you died of starvation, but not too much before. Helmet snakes sound nice, but I have a feeling that actually getting them to bite once, and then retreat, would be hard.

So, can numerous cave blobs bring about the death of a dwarf?

No, but they can make them suffer http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Syndrome

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 01:31:10 am »

Suffering is good. I'm just wondering, what degree of Carped up suffering can a person create using only syndromes and animals?

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 11:10:12 am »

Suffering is good. I'm just wondering, what degree of Carped up suffering can a person create using only syndromes and animals?

Depends, modded or vanella?

On modded EXTREME, make a syndrome that causes eyes to rot, painful blisters and vomiting up blood, extreme pain and bruising or swelling, and then make the dwarves spien and breain swell up and slowly ooze pus and then stop function.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can Cave Blobs Kill. Dwarven Torture with Syndromes and Animals.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 11:23:13 am »

lmfao, that is evil. Preferably Vanilla, though.