Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trouble with weapons  (Read 736 times)

.Greg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trouble with weapons
« on: July 10, 2010, 09:32:02 pm »

So I was playing fortress mode, and scrambling to get a good defense going. I trained a nice squad of 10 well, so i decided to start giving them armor and weapons. But, on the military screen, when i go to assign them a specific weapon, it doesn't have the right ones listed. I have all of this nice steel armor and weapons, but it doesnt show up. The only things that show up for weapons are some stupid copper ones i bought from a caravan in my first year and the only armor that shows up is some clothes from a dwarf that was "accidentally" pushed into a lake and drowned.

I play 40d, and after i have fun, ill download the new one. But for the time being, is there any way to get my steel armor and weapons equiped?

Bartleby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with weapons
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 09:58:40 pm »

I think the answer is no.
The Weapon stuff was pretty bugged until .08
Guess you have to download the new version.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 10:48:15 pm »

I think the answer is no.
The Weapon stuff was pretty bugged until .08
Guess you have to download the new version.

He's playing 40D, not 2010. And because he is, I can't help him. This post was just to correct you...
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

.Greg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 10:50:36 pm »

Ahh bummer. I guess ill just have some Fun then.
thanks for the responses

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 04:51:18 am »

The "best" way to do this in 40d was to forbid EVERYTHING else.
Just go to stocks menu, forbid everything, and unforbid what you want them to equip.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.