Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Small question about clothes  (Read 754 times)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
Small question about clothes
« on: November 13, 2014, 02:44:04 pm »

After some time spent on my fortress, i eventually started to see robes, trousers and socks on the floor of my fortress. They were almost worning out. I already had one clothier, so demanded some clothes to be made. The clothing industry eventually got more efficient with a recent migrant wave. Now getting into the point: My dwarfs are now well-dressed, but there is something that i always had noticed...
 I have a armor stockpile, which is set to store ONLY cloth, silk, leather and adamantine clothing, not real combat armor, but i have never seen any clothes there, just a empty wooden bin. Recently, while looking at my craftdorfs' workshop i noticed something: There were clothes there! And most of them weren't worning! Yeah, i've just put a finished goods stockpile there without knowing that they also count the clothes as one of them. Good, now i know that clothes go here, but...what about the armor stockpile clothes section? I mean, it's way more detailed than the finished goods one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Small question about clothes
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 03:08:04 pm »

If you check in the different types of items in finished goods, you will find headwear, handwear, legwear etc. That's where the cloth, yarn, silk and leather clothing is being stored.

The clothing option you see in your armour area is for adamantine clothing: Clothing made of adamantine cloth.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!