Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some military questions  (Read 637 times)

twinburner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some military questions
« on: July 08, 2010, 01:26:59 pm »

So, first, apologies if this has been mentioned before and if there's another thread feel free to point me at it and I'll read that.
Edit:Nm, noticed the bug for archery dwarves. Hrm I'll need to figure out something handy to do....I think I have an idea for that but I still need help activating my squads.

So, since about when I showed up at my new fort I've had a 5 man squad of dorfs learning to fight with wooden swords and such (incase they sparred, didn't want them hurting each other) and the lot are up to legendary now as I'm forging up iron gear for them starting with some nice shields. I also have a set of equipped crossbowmen, 6 of them, who 'should' be practicing and are not.

So here's my issue, I have archery targets set up and assigned to the archers as trainable but they won't go train, also I've tried issuing some orders to my swordsmen so I can toy with them a little to learn how to use them and the schedule system doesn't seem to do anything. So how do I activate my guys, and how do I set the archers up training? Thanks in advance.

Oh also yes I'm fairly sure the crossbowmen have all been assigned ammo and I think they are all carrying it and I have an arsenal dwarf doing his job so it's nothing equipment wise.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:41:35 pm by twinburner »

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some military questions
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 01:44:02 pm »

I'm not sure if they need to be in active/training mode, but when I activate my guys I put them in that (It doesn't make them into military though) and then use orders, M ove, K ill, and that'll get them into the military.
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

twinburner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some military questions
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 02:10:29 pm »

I'm setting up an execution room archery range now. I'll give it a try then. that aughta be safe enough enough to do once it's set up.