Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Window Size with Mayday Graphics  (Read 908 times)

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Window Size with Mayday Graphics
« on: July 06, 2010, 12:34:48 pm »

I am just getting started with DF2010 and I am having a little trouble configuring the game in windowed mode. I am playing with 31.08 and the Mayday graphics pack. When the game starts (window=yes) the window is the same size as the old 40d window, but when I F11 to full screen, then F11 back to a window the window is pretty large, almost as large as my screen.

I am playing with Windows XP Screen Resolution 1280X800, DF2010 v31.08 and Mayday graphics pack. I have tried two settings in the init.txt file; both with the same results. Any idea how I can get my half screen sized window again?

[WINDOWEDX:80]
[WINDOWEDY:25]
[FONT:curses_640x300.png]

and (the second is the setting from my old 40d init.txt)

[WINDOWEDX:640]
[WINDOWEDY:300]
[FONT:curses_640x300.png]

Thanks for any help!

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
Re: Window Size with Mayday Graphics
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 01:03:18 pm »

i dont understand what you mean...

you can resize the ingame picture with the mousewheel, then you can resize it with f11 or the fullsize next to exit, or you can manually resize it by pulling the sides of the  window

edit: yes im using mayday 31.08
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:13:38 pm by ricky »
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 01:13:27 pm »

Yah.. sorry if I am being unclear. I can do all the mousewheel resizing to increase/decrease the size of the tiles.. that all works fine. And it when I am in window mode it works fine to resize the window by pulling the sides of the window. That all works great.

But, before (version 40d), when I would press f11 in full screen mode the resulting window would be about half the size of my desktop. However, now when I press f11 I get a window that fills my entire desktop. Even if I resize the window to about half my desktop size (filling the top of the desktop, about halfway down), then press f11 to go to fullscreen mode, when I press f11 again (to go into window mode) the window again fills almost the entire desktop.

What would be ideal for me would be if every time I press f11 to go into a window from full screen mode the window would be about 1024x400 or so.. I hope this explains my problem better.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 01:30:19 pm »

Just maximize the window. It'll full screen on its own. Use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.

If you want the game to be a particular size just drag the edges of the game window to whatever size you want.

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 01:35:49 pm »

yep. I know all that. But I like to jump from full screen to window mode rather frequently. If the window is gonna fill my entire desktop it does no good as a window.

When I start DF the game starts in window mode, which is a window about half my desktop resolution. How come when I f11 into a window I get a huge and useless window that fills my entire desktop? Why isn't the window a more reasonable size? Is it impossible to tell DF that when I f11 into a window that I want a window that is only x by y and not X by Y?

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 02:22:47 pm »

Well.. I also have a Phoebus build on this computer and decided to compare the init.txt files between Mayday and Phoebus, the only difference I found was in Phoebus I had

[PRINT_MODE:STANDARD]

while in Mayday it was

[PRINT_MODE:2D]

I changed 2D to STANDARD and my problem seems fixed.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 03:16:32 pm »

I full screen it, but then just alt-tab if I want to bring up another screen, like DT. Works fine. I then use my other monitor for other random stuff while I'm playing.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 08:02:19 pm »

I changed 2D to STANDARD and my problem seems fixed.

I also use the Mayday tileset package and I was having the same problem as you -- I like to switch between fullscreen and Window mode with F11 fairly frequently.  (Usually back to windowed when I'm messing with Dwarf Therapist or looking up stuff on the wiki or forums...)

It used to work just fine back in 40d so I'd thought it was a problem with DF2010 setting the Window to fullscreen size...  but you're right -- I just changed mine from "2D" to "STANDARD" and now it works great just like it used to when switching fullscreen/windowed with F11.

Thanks!

--nomad_delta

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 01:39:17 pm »

Glad to help someone besides just myself!