Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Somehow this guy is still breathing O.o  (Read 1455 times)

TicklemeFeather

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
    • TicklemeFTR's Simple G19 keyboard GUI
Somehow this guy is still breathing O.o
« on: July 03, 2010, 11:30:51 am »

Hes been tortured by a group of spear goblins for ages now, and my poor weaver doesnt die.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5702/hardcoredwarf.png

Good thing is he wasnt very helpful in the firstplace.
DF as a game is the equivalent of sitting down and having a conversation with the homeless guy in the park who screams about flying children trying to rip his skin off.

TicklemeFeather

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
    • TicklemeFTR's Simple G19 keyboard GUI
Re: Somehow this guy is still breathing O.o
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 11:42:23 am »

Naww well he died of thirst in the end. The wounds page pretty much doubled
DF as a game is the equivalent of sitting down and having a conversation with the homeless guy in the park who screams about flying children trying to rip his skin off.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 01:22:04 pm »

Holy shit is that a big wounds page...
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 02:32:52 am »

Damn.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 04:19:03 am »

If only he lived.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 04:50:01 am »

That reminds me of a raw adventurer that I started who succesfully beat a number of ampersands happening to wander around the embarkation site, but was splashed with the gore/etc in the process.  After a bit more wandering around the wilderness, trying to pursuing regular wildlife, I was approaching another site through mountain snows as dawn broke.  Suddenly, I get a "Pain" message, and drilling through to the description screen shows how badly off I was!

http://i45.tinypic.com/xppu74.png

I tried several things to save the character, including working from an earlier (post-combat) save that I had backed up before overwriting, but nothing I did seemed to solve the problem.  (And trying to wash myself clean of the extract ended in drowning, what with the pain coming on and unconsciousness shortly after.)  I was going to see if enough consecutive nights' sleep and rest would help, but it got tedious (and I'd still not managed to remove the coatings, anyway, so probably was doomed to fail).  They're in a savegame limbo at the moment, so I may go back to them, and use a sea-shore's breaking waves, instead.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 05:03:58 am »

Swollen with dwarf blood. Ouch.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 05:21:55 am »

Swollen with dwarf blood. Ouch.
Yeah, first thought was frostbite, given the cold climes I had been trekking through and the breaking dawn possibly causing frozen and damaged bits to thaw[1].  But a later adventurer I tried had no trouble wandering around glacial areas for ages then returning to warmer lands.

[1] Not that this is strictly what frostbite does, but it's darn close and could have been DF's body-plan interpretation of what happens.

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 05:21:55 am »

If only he lived.

He would have been worth like 100k dwarf bucks of medical equipment.   

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 06:10:22 am »

If only he lived.

He would have been worth like 100k dwarf bucks of medical equipment.   

Million dwarf buck dwarf?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 06:56:41 am »

That reminds me of a raw adventurer that I started who succesfully beat a number of ampersands happening to wander around the embarkation site, but was splashed with the gore/etc in the process.  After a bit more wandering around the wilderness, trying to pursuing regular wildlife, I was approaching another site through mountain snows as dawn broke.  Suddenly, I get a "Pain" message, and drilling through to the description screen shows how badly off I was!

http://i45.tinypic.com/xppu74.png

I tried several things to save the character, including working from an earlier (post-combat) save that I had backed up before overwriting, but nothing I did seemed to solve the problem.  (And trying to wash myself clean of the extract ended in drowning, what with the pain coming on and unconsciousness shortly after.)  I was going to see if enough consecutive nights' sleep and rest would help, but it got tedious (and I'd still not managed to remove the coatings, anyway, so probably was doomed to fail).  They're in a savegame limbo at the moment, so I may go back to them, and use a sea-shore's breaking waves, instead.

Jesus Christ, how can you go through necrosis and not notice until it kills you? DAMN.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (