Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zombies (hoping to improve over the current ones)  (Read 2208 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombies (hoping to improve over the current ones)
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 02:01:35 pm »

As I said it's not broken. A throatcut causes more bloodloss than a fingercut. You probably encountered some tough humans, that's all.

It's still nothing compared to what it should be. There doesn't seem to be a chance to actually hit an artery, which would cause massive bleeding and death very quickly, and I've only ever seen a throat have brown damage, even with descriptions like "torn apart", "cut apart", etc. Anything with that kind of damage that bleeds should be dead, and it's happened on multiple humans, elves, and animal men, none of which died from that injury.

How about a syndrome that causes rapid necrosis?

Once I stop being lazy I'll add a syndrome that has several symptoms, probably including necrosis of the bite wound, then massive necrosis of the brain as the end result.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 02:21:12 pm »

I think I've seen hit arteries, but it was with claws.

Also, that's something to check. The zombies don't bleed.
[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 04:37:17 pm »

Is there a way to get them to without bleeding to death?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

DeMasked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 12:09:53 pm »

What about using bad thoughts?

What if you made the syndrome cause a large number of weak symptoms that give bad thoughts? Enough of that, and the dwarf should eventually tantrum. Yeah, it isn't turning him into a full-blown zombie, and he can't spread the syndrome any further, but it still has the effect of making bite victims attack other people and wreck stuff.

I'm not even sure it's possible, but making use of thoughts to get the desired effect warrants investigation.
DF's initial learning curve is more like a learning cliff, essentially the game shoves you off and expects you learn how to fly before you hit the ground.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 09:14:08 pm »

It isn't as far as I know of.  :(

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 02:46:53 am »

You might be able to add a syndrome that causes them to get stunned or pass out or something every other second, like the cave spider bite but way worse.  If you prevent them from walking somewhere but also prevent them from staying unconscious long enough to get hauled away, they will get bad thoughts from being hungry/thirsty and could very well die from it.  Also, don't know if its possible, but if their fingers could be made to rot off and generate miasma that could generate many unhappy thoughts very quickly. 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 08:43:36 am »

the most annoying thing I notcied is that blood doesn't carry disease. In the arena, I made my dwarf drink another's blood who was infected, and had no side effects  :(

DeMasked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 03:55:19 pm »

the most annoying thing I notcied is that blood doesn't carry disease. In the arena, I made my dwarf drink another's blood who was infected, and had no side effects  :(
Blood may not act as a method of spreading disease, but you can make a creature whose blood causes disease in others on contact.
DF's initial learning curve is more like a learning cliff, essentially the game shoves you off and expects you learn how to fly before you hit the ground.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 03:58:09 pm »

The things we do for Science.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2010, 07:39:36 am »

how do you make it cause disease? my zombies cause the symptoms I listed earlier with their 'z-matter', and I set their blood to be that same substance. unfortunately the only way it causes a disease, is through a bite, where its apparently 'injected' into the blood of the victim.

if it comes into contact with something, or is ingested, it has no effect  :(

Dummedu

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Ya spravku dostal shto ya s-s-s-sibanuty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 12:33:37 am »

Is there some activity?
Pages: 1 [2]