Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mine the moon!  (Read 3528 times)

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: Mine the moon!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 09:59:50 pm »

Its a reference to touhou. The lunarian(moon) civilization is made up of rabbit people.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 10:51:14 pm »

Its a reference to touhou. The lunarian(moon) civilization is made up of rabbit people.

And the two "boss" creatures are a reference to the Silent Sinner in Blue story, where a chunk of the regular cast (who topple deities on a regular basis) is off-handedly defeated by the lunarian princesses, earning the ire of the fanbase.  (Plus the main lunarian character's major meme is that she declared herself "a useless bunny, only good for sex-appeal" while in a drunken depression... Not that the other Lunarians were useful, either.)

Also, hunh, there's a "Patchouli" and a "Patchy"... although you get more points for making your avatar the one from Double Scarlet.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 10:54:17 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 11:08:30 pm »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
Also, hunh, there's a "Patchouli" and a "Patchy"... although you get more points for making your avatar the one from Double Scarlet.

Hehe, thanks. Double Scarlet is an awesome vid. And yeah I saw Patchouli before I signed up, but he looked inactive at the time. If I knew he was going be active, I would've picked another one of my fave characters to prevent confusion. But, a little late now. *shrugs*
Pages: 1 [2]