Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Make worn-out items vanish  (Read 435 times)

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
Make worn-out items vanish
« on: July 04, 2010, 05:54:56 pm »

One of the big FPS problems as I understand it relates to having too many items.  So my idea would be to have all those XXPig Tail SocksXX (and any other similar worn-out items) lying around the fortress eventually decay into nothing unless they're inside a bin.

It should probably happen even faster if they're underwater/outside/etc.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Make worn-out items vanish
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 06:13:00 pm »

Actually, I just want a button that says "I don't care if someone previously owned this, either put it in the containers, or throw it in the trash, anyway!"

Currently, dead dwarves still own their things, and leave them strewn about the fort.  For that matter, when dwarves buy new clothes, they'll literally just toss their old things on the floor and forget about them forever.  (Then there are the nobles who will buy every cup or earring or whatever they have as a preference that you make, and then pave their room's floors with them...)

I don't even believe that clothes wear out once they are on the floor.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare