Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Embarkation Supplies Suggestion  (Read 1743 times)

tsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embarkation Supplies Suggestion
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 03:14:01 am »

For the 9th(?) time, seconded.
...Unless your message is "drvn 2 hsptl 4 snak bite" or something, you seriously DO have the time to spell it out.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 06:13:35 pm »

While we're on the subject, I'd like to see the ability to load embark profiles and then adjust them for the current situation.
Both this and the OP's suggestion of type-a-number. (which, I'd estimate, are small-scale adjustments-it'll already ask if you want to adjust your embark profile if something is not obtainable by your founding civ. For those of us who obsess over matching profession to personality, that, too, gets to happen.)
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

neek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 06:19:29 pm »

I found embark profiles still load up the embark supply screen. If that doesn't happen to you guys, then I don't know what moon version of Dwarf Fortress I have.

Also, I will throw my hat into this suggestion.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 06:30:05 pm »

um...right. Ignore my foolish request for an extant feature then. *facepaw*

Entering number of an item, and fast-scroll of number (secondary scroll is already more or less, making secondary pageup/down be +/- 10 would be good) are still nice to ha'e.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 07:35:45 am »

Fourthed?
It's already an option for other things (custom world parameters come to mind) so I can't imagine it would be a big change to implement. And it would make my brain not explode when embarking with 100 wood instead of an axe...

watch.... the only reason it wasnt done would be because it causes the game to freak out.... thus not allowing it to be implemented....

tho i do second it as well....

ya know.... i have never found a map that didnt have some kind of water or tree.... or rock..... so ive never bothered trying to embark while bringing stone or wood

(for those who dont know, with water you can make things to grow your own wood.... using floodgates and channels to get started, then once you have a few trees growing you can make a bigger orchard using pumps.....)
There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 09:24:07 pm »

Fourthed?
It's already an option for other things (custom world parameters come to mind) so I can't imagine it would be a big change to implement. And it would make my brain not explode when embarking with 100 wood instead of an axe...

watch.... the only reason it wasnt done would be because it causes the game to freak out.... thus not allowing it to be implemented....

tho i do second it as well....

ya know.... i have never found a map that didnt have some kind of water or tree.... or rock..... so ive never bothered trying to embark while bringing stone or wood

(for those who dont know, with water you can make things to grow your own wood.... using floodgates and channels to get started, then once you have a few trees growing you can make a bigger orchard using pumps.....)

I've seen waterless and treeless maps, they're called deserts. And I've brought bauxite stones when I planned on using magma in a megaproject. True you can, somewhat, select against maps that lack water, wood, or specific stones, but some people like the challenge of embarking with 300 wood on a glacier or bringing their own stone when dealing with an aquifer map. This feature would definitely improve the game.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325
Pages: 1 [2]