Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin - King of the dwarves? :o  (Read 798 times)

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin - King of the dwarves? :o
« on: July 02, 2010, 10:23:27 am »

So early on in my region legends the dwarves captured a goblin city, then a little later the king moved there followed by several other dwarf successors, but for some reason when the last king died i guess the dwarfs were in the minority then and have elected a goblin as king instead. Now my problem is that this goblin has now moved into my fort and i cant assign him any rooms because he apears in the "U" screen as being "Tame" but thats it, nothing can be assigned to him (havent tryed labors with dwarf therapist yet) but my main concern is not being able to give him his requirements.

I know from other threads where people have modded BCs during a game and the modification gets applied. So does anyone know what i can change in the raws to allow me to assign him things? Would this mod, if possible, mean id have to gen a new world? Or is this maybe more of a bug and unfixable?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin - King of the dwarves? :o
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 11:56:18 am »

I'm not sure if kings do any labors if they were dwarves anyway. Isn't it a good thing if he can't make mandates? I'm not sure if they do that either. I will search the forums and the wiki for ideas on how to do this, as I can't remember how other people have done this before.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 12:08:09 pm »

He can make mandates. I just cant assign anything to him. So basically im going to have a very grumpy king. An accident is an option i guess, but id like to know if theres a solution because if another comes (if another does ever come after dieing?) hell probably be a goblin also

*Edit

My Outpost Liason ( who was also a goblin) just got elected mayor lol :o And since they are all "tame" i now have my mayor, king and queen consort all nicely caged up together

*Edit 2

Infact your right, after sometime of being unhappy they still havent made any mandates so i guess thats a plus. Im planning on dumping them in the magma see if u cant find a way to fix them
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 02:03:34 pm by HeliumFreak »

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 12:31:38 pm »

For an example of how to deal with this situation, check out the story of Cacame Awemedinade, Elf King of the Dwarves.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 09:49:10 pm »

could try using Darius's Friendship.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.