Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Retired Adventurer/Dwarf  (Read 3610 times)

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Retired Adventurer/Dwarf
« on: August 12, 2010, 06:16:43 pm »

I've been scouring the forums and in several instances, have came across some people state that you can 'recruit' retired adventurers in Dwarf Fortress mode (Preferably as an experienced Militia Commander)? Does this theory hold any truth? If it does, I'd like to extend it another step further and ponder the question of whether dwarves from abandoned fortresses can survive to be interacted with later on in Adventurer mode?

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Retired Adventurer/Dwarf
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 06:19:21 pm »

Recruiting adventurers requires use of something such as Friendship Enhancer or Runesmith to make them yours; It may just result in 'taming' them.

Recruiting old Fortress buddies is the easy part. If you are fast, look around the fort. If you are'nt so fast, look at the nearest town. They may not join you, though.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 06:28:27 pm »

Recruiting adventurers requires use of something such as Friendship Enhancer or Runesmith to make them yours; It may just result in 'taming' them.

Recruiting old Fortress buddies is the easy part. If you are fast, look around the fort. If you are'nt so fast, look at the nearest town. They may not join you, though.

Wow! That was fast. Thanks Vertigon, for your swift reply :]. I've had Runesmith, but never touched it's functions due to my yearn for a fair and legit game, but I will look into it! This is my first time playing Adventure mode. This shall be interesting...as I have no idea how this differentiates from DF mode :P.

Thanks again!

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 06:37:47 pm »

Wow! That was fast. Thanks Vertigon, for your swift reply :]. I've had Runesmith, but never touched it's functions due to my yearn for a fair and legit game, but I will look into it! This is my first time playing Adventure mode. This shall be interesting...as I have no idea how this differentiates from DF mode :P.

Thanks again!

Glad I could help :D

And swiftly too!