Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A question about caving in pools and sand  (Read 388 times)

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A question about caving in pools and sand
« on: July 08, 2010, 01:39:24 pm »

For a challenge I want to build on the first stone layer, how do you expect to make walls on sand anyway?

So now I have two questions, if I caved in a block of sand down to the bottom level and mined it out, would it have sand I could use to make glass?

The other being, if I collapsed a murky pool down, would it still work as a murky pool?  (Still collect rain?)
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

goge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A question about caving in pools and sand
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:19:43 pm »

:o
I want to know too!
Also does removing a construction make the tile thats left the same type as the construction was or does it remember what the tile's type was from before the construction?

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 02:25:33 pm »

IIRC say you build a wall on a rock (flint) pebble on the surface.
You deconstruct the wall
The tile under it is now the default tile (Sand if you had sand on the top level)
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

Kanddak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 03:00:32 pm »

Yes you can collapse sand walls/floors down to the bottom of the map, but the sand needs to be your lowest or only soil layer, because if it passes through any other type of soil it will be magically transmuted into the lowest type via bug 1206
Hydrodynamics Education - read this before being confused about fluid behaviors

The wiki is notoriously inaccurate on subjects at the cutting edge, frequently reflecting passing memes, folklore, or the word on the street instead of true dwarven science.