Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Good news everyone!  (Read 2440 times)

opsneakie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Good news everyone!
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 04:23:55 pm »

I meant to put a post up about this earlier, but this seems a good place for it.

I've got my marksdwarves shooting.

Here's how you do it. Make sure you have (1) a crossbow, (2) ammunition made and assigned to the squad, (3) a quiver. Enable hunting on your marksdwarf and enjoy the slaughter.

- ops
Collosal bronze man
With titanic strides he comes
Dwarves he will harvest

DF Twitter

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 07:13:45 pm »

In all seriousness, I never use tilesets and I have bad eyes and those tiles are tiny. I can't make sense of it at all.
Photobucket squeezed the image to 1/3 its actual size. I use a tileset because it gives me proper squares.

honestly all there is to make sense of is a giant splotch of dead goblin, troll, and toad with an army of axedwarves running through them.

grognoglog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 08:22:07 pm »

A tip for those having trouble getting all your soldiers armed:

Make sure your arsenal dwarf is doing his work (his activity reads: prepare equipment manifest).  I had mine also doing the bookkeeping and he never got around to arsenal work.   As a result I had only half of my squads armored and armed.   They can't "see" arms that havent been inventoried by the arsenal dwarf.    Once he caught up, my squads armed themselves properly.

EDIT:  yeah, ok, that worked.   I think the item duplication may have to do with forcing the selection of a specific item.  If you allocate mutliple dwarves to grab stuff the internal numbering of the items may become confused as things are taken.  Just a hunch.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:28:51 pm by grognoglog »

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 11:00:32 pm »

I meant to put a post up about this earlier, but this seems a good place for it.

I've got my marksdwarves shooting.

Here's how you do it. Make sure you have (1) a crossbow, (2) ammunition made and assigned to the squad, (3) a quiver. Enable hunting on your marksdwarf and enjoy the slaughter.

- ops

Sweet deal! Have to try later!

What is their damage like? No where near 40D I assume? Hopefully does more damage then throwing marshmallows at Goblins!

I've personally been avoiding them in DF2010 due to bugs so if you have them working right Thanks!

opsneakie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 12:17:06 am »

Marksdwarves deal a reasonable amount of damage, as long as they're equipped with metal bolts. Bone bolts can et the occasional lucky crit against unarmored enemies, but you really need something with more punch to take on armored foes with. Damage seems overall acceptable, just no more using your bones to make machine-gun dwarves. Use your iron instead.
Collosal bronze man
With titanic strides he comes
Dwarves he will harvest

DF Twitter

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 01:57:16 am »

When I first saw the title to this thread I expected a picture of the professor from futurama to be in the OP.

Good news everyone!

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 05:08:38 am »

I'm a bit proud to say I didn't!

... although at the end of this season, I probably will again.
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 05:24:22 am »

When I first saw the title to this thread I expected a picture of the professor from futurama to be in the OP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good to know I'm not the only one.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 10:22:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good to know I'm not the only one.

Pretty certain it was intended :P

In other news i got to try and make the archer work. Axes are Fun but i liked the old crossbow/minigun
Pages: 1 [2]