Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: haves and have-nots  (Read 1691 times)

aepurniet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
haves and have-nots
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:35:24 pm »

i posted in the suggestion thread to allow deactivating burrows.

now what im actually trying to accomplish is to maintain two separate populations (originals + elites, and scrubs).  any body have any tips on how to do this with the current system?  i would occasionally like to activate the scrubs and help the main fortress with their hauling work.  then separate them again (to try to minimize friendships between the two).  the scrubs eat tallow biscuits and sewer brew, while the originals and elites dine on roasts, and a plethora of booze.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: haves and have-nots
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 12:47:11 am »

Form one of the groups into military squads-- let's say the elites.  Use an airlock system.  Schedule the elites so that they have no order when inactive, but orders to patrol the elite burrows when active.  Don't create any barracks for them.

When you need to grant free access to both burrows, open the airlock.  When you need to divide the two, set a civilian alert restricting the scrubs to the scrub burrow, and set the elites to active.  Wait for them to get where they need to be, lower a barrier between the two areas, and deactivate both groups.

If you want members of the scrubs to be a military group as well, enable an alert for them that sets a patrol inside the scrub burrow.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

aepurniet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: haves and have-nots
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 03:23:04 pm »

sweet , thanks for the answer. someone else kind enough answered in the other forum too, seems like this is the way to go.  military tricks are out of my pervue a little since i have invasions off.  time to regen my sweet spot (with exposed magma pipe on level ground) and start off this bad boy again.