Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Questions about various things  (Read 1303 times)

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about various things
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 09:23:29 am »

New question:
Will a Fey mooding dwarf refuse to move because they don't have their skill-specific workshop or will they just claim a different one?
If the answer is the latter I have a new subject for "What can you do to a dorf before it dies: Pincushion edition" very soon

Why has my Fey mooding dorf only taken three items?

If he's screaming about how he needs, say, leather, but he already has a piece of leather colleted, he may need more pieces or a specific type.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 09:53:49 am »

New question:
Will a Fey mooding dwarf refuse to move because they don't have their skill-specific workshop or will they just claim a different one?
If the answer is the latter I have a new subject for "What can you do to a dorf before it dies: Pincushion edition" very soon

Why has my Fey mooding dorf only taken three items?

If he's screaming about how he needs, say, leather, but he already has a piece of leather colleted, he may need more pieces or a specific type.

This is news to me.  I've never had a dwarf require a specific type of leather.  They always use whatever's available.

nonobots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 11:09:49 am »

4. I really don't understand how the perpetual motion water pump/water wheel works. Help.

Nobody really understands how it works. :)

But how to build it is somewhat simple:
  • make a V-shaped channel
  • floor it to make sure tree growth won't interrupt your power
  • build a pump that takes its input from the point of the V
  • fill the channel with water via buckets (I had trouble at first with this part*)
  • build waterwheels in the V branches
  • attach some gears and axles to bring the power where you want
  • start the pump manually
  • profit!

* I had the dwarves taken water from the same spot they were trying to fill. Dumbasses. Make sure to make a drinking zone from your source of water and set the option to get water from drinking zones only.
Playing DF on a Mac.
Pages: 1 [2]