Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Bleak Doors - My attempt at guild's and dwarven politics. - Comm  (Read 560 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Othƒsh Veshsombith - The Unholy Dust Executioner

After months of civil war, rebelions, back stabbing nobles and money-over-life mercenarys, it was over. The King of "The Diamond of Ink" had done it. After the final push towards the dwarves hiding in the The Steppe of Splashes, who had been attacking his kingdom for the last few years and had recently caused a Civil war against him, he himself had struck the final blow against his greatist enemys head. And with the drop of his head came the drop of his kingdoms worrys. Or so he thought....

Somewhere in the The Withering Mountains...

"Othƒsh!" yelled one of his guards. With a sigh, he replied, "yes?". Since killing the vile leader of the "Picks of Grit" in the sandstorm of a place, known only by it's ironic name of 'The Steppe of Splashes', he had been given the name of Othƒsh Veshsombith, or otherwise known in the human tounge as The Unholy Dust Executioner. Whilst most of the name made sence, no one quite found out where the Unholy part of the name came from beside a small ammount of people. They were all dead. "Sir!" the guard replied. "We are about to enter a dryed out stream. The sides are so high, should a enemy marksman see us, we could not possibly fight back". The king though for a split second and replied "I do not care nor fair there fighters. Let us continue". The guard frowned but continued to lead the small group of 5, 2 of whom were litter carriers and 1 of which was the king. The small group had left the rest of the army behind to allow the king to return to his kingdom, unknown and unseen to break the news to the masses. Just as planned.

Halfway through the "Stream of Cold Feathers"...

There was no sound present in the air around them, beside the chink of chainmail armour and the tap of the servants feet. Suddenly, the guard stopped, causing the litter bearers to nearly drop the King. "What is the meaning of this!" the king screamed. "Something isint right sir..." replied the guard. "I swear I saw a trap ov-" he started. Suddenly, a bolt went straight through the guards throat, killing him. "Ambush!" screamed the remaining guard. As the King jumped from his litter, 30 warriors and a hidden figure behind them came up to meet him. "Kill them!" yelled the hidden figure behind them. With a roar, the army of 30 charged towards the king, his remaining guard and his two servants. With a battle cry, the guard and the King, still in his platemail, charged the line. As the king raced forward, his eyes clouded over in red and he released a loud scream as he charged.

The King and his faithfull guard fought bravely as his two servants could only watch in fear. And with a final swoop, the last head hit the ground. They had done it. With a loud yell he wacked the guard on the back. To his surprise, he fell on his face. As the King turned him over he saw a horrible sight. A bolt had hit him in the eye. Swearing, he jumped back up and turned his sheild to his face in time to block the bolt making it's way towards him. He looked at the hooded figure and started to run. "Your de-" he started to yell. Then with a sickining thud, he hit the ground. One of his servants held a bloody sword. The other one jumped behind the traitor and snaped his neck before he could finish the King. "Are you alright my- Urrch!" he screamed as a bolt hit him in the head, killing him instantly. The hooded figure made it's slow way over to the King. "I knew I didin't kill you!" the King screamed. "Your just too crafty to die!". "I am not who you think I am" said the hooded figure, flicking the dead body of the servant who had tryed to help him. And the King looked into the eyes of his now greatest enemy, dead. With the last of his energy, he looked up into the hooded figures cowl and said "Then who are you?". "And why would I tell you that?" the man laughed, before dealing the killing blow.

With the return of the army to the kingdom with out the King caused the start of one of the most bloodyiest Civil wars the Kingdom of The Diamond of Ink had seen, with at least 10 different partys vying for control of the large empire. During their war, half of the kingdoms lands were either sacked and burned to nothing or captured for enemy states use. After 10 year's of civil war, the 3 surviving partys decided to split the remaining kingdom into three, The remaining Diamond of Ink goverment, calling theirs The Sickle of Cloth, controling mostly the central areas of the remaining kingdom, the Democratic Republic of The Cloth of Stone, calling theirs The Seven States of Granite, controlling the mostly cold and barren mountain tops of the north and finaly The Sand Eagle's, controlling the sandy and hot planes of the south calling their region a simple but revealing name. The Bleak Doors.

OOC: Well that was rubbish but I like to give stuff like this a background. No matter how basic. This community fort is going to be alot different from the normal community forts. This one will involve player controlled forts, nobles and if you manage to promote your selves to the Kingdom, Goverments. This is designed to involve many features of the testing arena, for making assasionation attempts, guild fights etc. At the start, there are only three guilds to choose from. You can make your dwarf be in any one you wish. You may also create your own later on but it requires at least 5 dwarves, not including your controlled dwarf. The starting three are diplomatic or religous, whilst later on you can try to create your own about jobs, cultures, belif enforcement etc. Anything can happen in this game. Want to make a huge temple? You have to have alot of guild members to enforce that and enough for the current controlling city council (how ever, if they ARE your guild, it wont be hard) to even allow just your clan members to make a legal one, not even including getting permits for others to help or buying supplys (again, if you have a clan member as the trader, i'm sure they can sneak in some items for you). IMPORTANT: Should you wish to have something like a flag for a person to hold or a building called a flag pole etc, I know a bit about modding raw's and can make it happen. Just use your imagination.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bleak Doors - My attempt at guild's and dwarven politics. - Comm
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 04:26:46 am »

There can only be seven totaly controlled people for now, any more and I may go boom. How ever, you may control people who are in semi-control of things or are just plain people with connections to the story.

ALSO, ignore the blue line of text in the images.

The starting seven.

Fikod Esisathel, Miner
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meng Cerolishlum, Woodworker

Dishamb Urdimthiz, Stoneworker

erith Dumastushil, Expedition Leader, General Crafter/Carver

ushrir Morulekast, Fisherdwarf (With no water on the ground for quite awhile, job change will be soon)

Ustuth Bomrekerith, Fish Cleaner (Same as above, will change job with what player want's)

Tobul Sitalfath, Doctor

The three starting guilds are...

The Hammer and Sickle. This guild belives that the goverment should be communist, all religons and guild's controlled, total state control of all parts of life and that all should be equal.

The Cross Bearers. This guild are dedicated towards all thing intelectual, holy, religous states and control and the removal of all clans that belive in corrupt policys and beliefs.

The Stone and Chisel. This guild is dedicated to all people who wish to remain dedicated to one thing and one thing only. There work. The elite of the group, how ever are Miners, Rock Crafter's and Mason's.

Current goverment state - The current goverment of The Bleak Door's uses the same system as the old ways, with nobles in charge, their soldiers underneath and the common dwarf at the bottem. They are great belivers in using force and intimidation to get the working dwarf to do their work, sending Goblins and sometimes humans to do the dirty work. As such, they are hated by nearly all and any one who show's open alligance to them normaly die within a week. The current Kings name is a secret and the Baron controlling your area is known only as "The hammer".

The current settlement goverment - The current goverment is controlled by no one as such. How ever, the administrative positons give their holder's great power. At the moment, only the Expedition leader can give ordered demands for buildings. How ever, his demands may be turned down if more then 3 dwarves find them to be a bad idea. It is also very easy to build illegal buildings and structures due to the lack of patrols.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 05:25:05 am by nuker w »

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bleak Doors - My attempt at guild's and dwarven politics. - Comm
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 04:27:06 am »

HELD FOR INFO.