Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help! Rock bar?  (Read 955 times)

Joishi

• Bay Watcher
  • Joishi has withdrawn from society!
    • View Profile
Help! Rock bar?
« on: June 14, 2010, 09:03:22 pm »

So one of my armorsmiths just went into a mood and is demanding "rock bars", which I've never heard of before and I can't find on the wiki.  Help?

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Rock bar?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 09:04:14 pm »

I think that's a known bug. AFAIK, there's no such thing as a Rock Bar.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 09:08:16 pm »

Check your armorer's preferences and see what stone and metal are preferred - by any chance is one of them a "native" metal?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Joishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 09:13:37 pm »

he likes stibnite, nickel, rock crystal, clear glass, coral, crosses, war hammers, gauntlets, backpacks, grates, and catapult parts..

Doesn't look like it.

Labhras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 09:36:27 pm »

It's a bug for display. It's either, metal bars or rock blocks he wants, don't remember which.

Joishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 09:39:38 pm »

ok.  I think I already have some blocks - but maybe they're all wood.  I'll make some stone ones just in case.

shoowop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 09:45:51 pm »

It's a bug for display. It's either, metal bars or rock blocks he wants, don't remember which.
Yea. this has happened a coupel times for me. once I started smelting the hell out of everything and he apparently wanted silver. the other time he just went and grabbed some mica blocks.

Joishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 09:52:00 pm »

Well I'm too late.  :(  He's now slowly wandering back to his room struck with melancholy.  *cries for Urist Mcmoper*  My first death.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 10:07:36 pm »

This is not true. I have gotten strange moods in which rock bars did not mean either metal bars or rock blocks.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 06:38:34 pm »

I just got this with my level-13 potash maker (also level-1 organizer, and level-3 in a bunch of social skills). My first guess was that maybe he meant "Rock Blocks" so I made half a dozen rock blocks (dolomite and gypsum). Nope, he ain't biting. The only other thing on his demands list is logs, which I've got plenty of.

Edit: Just set up a smelter and wood furnace, and then started smelting Limonite (an ore of iron). As soon as my first bar of iron was made, McMoodyDwarf jumped off his claimed workshop (Carpenters') and grabbed the iron. He has now started making a mysterious construction.

He made a willow bed, studded with iron and encircled with bands of willow, AND became a level-16 carpenter!

So in this case the "Rock Bars" was actually metal bars, satisfied by an iron bar.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:00:52 pm by AngleWyrm »

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 06:44:42 pm »

Rack'em, rack, rack'em, rock, ROCK BAR!

Sorry.  :-[
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!