Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exclusionary burrows  (Read 787 times)

Marauder Moe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Exclusionary burrows
« on: June 23, 2010, 04:04:47 pm »

I think it would be enormously helpful if you could designate an exclusionary burrow, a sort of inverse burrow, that kept unassigned dwarves out instead of forcing assigned dwarves in.

This would let you force only legendary engravers to work on a particular site, or make only legendary craftsdwarves work with a specific workshop/stockpile (without having to lock them in with a door and risk starving them should you get distracted).

You could also make nobles-only designations for particularly pleasant (or deadly) areas to keep the riff-raff (productive) dwarves out.

You could keep non-soldiers from sleeping in the soldiers' barracks.

Frankly, I think this sort of burrow would be much more useful than the one's you can place currently.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Exclusionary burrows
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 04:12:28 pm »

Yeah, I also wanted this for some time now but somehow didn't bother to post it.

That'd make creating fortresses with seperated castes and "guild halls" easier. It's too hard for me to turn my whole fortress into a burrow so they can also move around there, I always mess up at some point.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 06:51:27 pm »

I like this idea...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 08:21:35 pm »

I'd like to have both the current burrows and something like this at once.

Also, this idea has been suggested several times already.

Marauder Moe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 10:12:34 pm »

Yes, certainly I meant you could choose which way a burrow works.

I did a search before posting but nothing like this came up in the first few pages, so... *shrug*