Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Missing libs?  (Read 2041 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Missing libs?
« on: June 22, 2010, 12:06:34 pm »

Trying to run DF Linux native on Debian... ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don't know what's causing this since I have the libgtk installed, along with other libs specified in the readme file, and the required lib can't be found in the repositories. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:17:14 pm by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Fourdots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Missing libs?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 03:55:19 pm »

Is libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 present in /usr/lib?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:45:11 pm »

Yep.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 12:41:36 am »

Are you running 64 bit Debian or 32 bit?

If its 64 bit, then you need to make sure you have 32 bit versions of the libraries in /usr/lib32. I don't know the best way to get them for Debian, but for Ubuntu, you can use the getlibs program to track them down automagically ('sudo getlibs libs/dwarffortress.exe').

If its 32 bit, then try posting the output of 'ldd libs/dwarffortress.exe', and we'll try to see what the problem is.

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 01:54:47 am »

I thought this was going to be something about DF madlibs. I am disappoint.
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 04:19:43 am »

Are you running 64 bit Debian or 32 bit?

If its 64 bit, then you need to make sure you have 32 bit versions of the libraries in /usr/lib32. I don't know the best way to get them for Debian, but for Ubuntu, you can use the getlibs program to track them down automagically ('sudo getlibs libs/dwarffortress.exe').

If its 32 bit, then try posting the output of 'ldd libs/dwarffortress.exe', and we'll try to see what the problem is.

64-bit. This explains a bit, of course. I mean, quite a lot. As far as I can remember, getlibs is also available for Debian, so I'm only one step away from creating that awesome dwarven cottage.

EDIT: Gerdnarnut. Getlibs can't find the missing packages.
No match for libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
No match for libgobject-2.0.so.0
No match for libopenal.so.1
No match for libsndfile.so.1
No match for libSDL_image-1.2.so.0
No match for libncursesw.so.5
No packages to install

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 08:52:26 am by Kay12 »