Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A "Fix" for 'Bring Item to Depot'  (Read 1333 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A "Fix" for 'Bring Item to Depot'
« on: January 23, 2010, 06:49:51 pm »

This has probably been suggested before (and possibly addressed for the new version), but it'd be nice if we could determine which dwarves haul goods to the depot.  I think it should be handled like harvesting is now, where you can assign the labor and also globally switch between "all dwarves do X" and "only dwarves with this labor do X".  Of course this would also entail adding a "Haul Goods to Depot" labor.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 06:51:24 pm by Earthquake Damage »

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
Re: A "Fix" for 'Bring Item to Depot'
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 07:55:17 pm »

I'd also be in support of a sort of Activate button for this, the same way you can switch dwarves from peasant to recruit, you could be able to switch from "normal" to "trade mode". A "trade mode" dwarf would only move items to/from the Trade Depot, trade at the Depot, meet with liaisons, etc., depending on who he or she was.

The other idea of yours is great, too,.
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A "Fix" for 'Bring Item to Depot'
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 09:58:44 am »

Bumping this topic as it is an excellent idea. I can't tell you how many caravans have left before my broker got around to trading at depot because he kept taking bring item to depot jobs instead, and there is no way to turn them off.