Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost and Found.  (Read 552 times)

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lost and Found.
« on: June 24, 2010, 03:24:07 pm »

A type of stockpile for storing owned items that are not in personal rooms. Dwarves who come across an item owned by another dwarf will pick up the item and bring it to the stockpile if there's any room available. This helps keep otherwise unmovable clutter out of doors, walkways, etc.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 03:43:31 pm »

I am certain this has been suggested before but oh god this is so badly needed.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 10:35:41 pm »

I like the idea of an obsessively clean- or neat-freak dwarf compulsively cleaning up the clothing strewn out by lazy or disorganized dwarves. May not need a specific stockpile, although that idea has merit as well, but rather a passive-aggressive action, like dumping it outside the offending dwarf's room. However, this presumes that said room's entrance has a door and is not just an ambiguously defined square in an empty space. Mechanically it can still work, just doesn't make as much sense in terms of order or cleanliness.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:42:04 pm by Niveras »

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 10:38:33 pm »

Speaking of obsessive-compusive, though, I positively DESPISED the way that my dwarves would discard worn out clothing by simply dropping it in the main hallway or in the barracks, where it would never, ever be touched again, but would eternally be littering my otherwise pristine and masterwork engraved floors. (JERKS!)

In other words, I support the idea.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare