Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Absolute Power and Honesty  (Read 2786 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Absolute Power and Honesty
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2010, 01:14:54 pm »

This thread is pointless, you could just funnel some billion dollars into lie detectors, or get a new face then rule anonymously through some system.

Assume that no matter who worked on your face, they would tell other people because you are their leader and they couldn't bear to let you go, even on pain of death.

Also assume that no matter how many billions of dollars you funnel lie detectors, they do not work with any real degree of accuracy. What then?

Why don't you know that the technology for perfect lie detectors is already here. It is only the fact that every one is much much more short sighted and illogical than me is holding us all back.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 01:19:22 pm »

Sounds like the mad genius side of world domination is starting to take root. What's next, the "I'll show them!" or the "No, you fools!"?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 01:28:48 pm »

Why don't you know that the technology for perfect lie detectors is already here. It is only the fact that every one is much much more short sighted and illogical than me is holding us all back.

No it isn't
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 01:35:56 pm »

No it isn't

I know.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2010, 01:55:36 pm »

Oh damn, you were mocking Armok. Sorry, didnt realize.

Damn I am slow today.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]