Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crazy Weather question  (Read 1529 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Weather question
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 03:37:06 pm »

In a different site, temp is on, only the mountainous part of the map is covered in snow, but even that is only partially covered....

Mid summer with temp turned on, the snow will not melt.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Corbald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 04:33:23 pm »

Sounds like that other site may be a matter of elevation.. For your first site, you are going to either have to magmafy your river, as described earlier, or turn temp off when the water melts.. I'd go with the first solution, as it also give you access to magma forges. It would probably be best if you considered the 15 prior years an interesting heat wave/weather phenomena, and just move on. Besides, a hot-tub river is a very dwarvenesk mega-construction.

Bryan Derksen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 04:59:10 pm »

In a different site, temp is on, only the mountainous part of the map is covered in snow, but even that is only partially covered....

Mid summer with temp turned on, the snow will not melt.

Different biomes can have different temperature ranges during their seasons.

I've heard wonderful, wonderful tales of sites where there's a waterfall running from a warm biome into a colder one, resulting in an annual flooding of the map when the waterfall's drainage freezes into an ice dam and the waterfall just keeps on going. :)
Pages: 1 [2]