Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Suit of armor?  (Read 1655 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
Re: Suit of armor?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 02:45:56 pm »

When it comes to armor and weapon discussions, the status quo is to be as much of a nazi as you wanna be man. I've learned a lot watching people go back and forth on that topic and rather enjoyed it.

It seems that in DF, no matter what you do armor won't cover the head, hands, or feet.

I made a set of fun metal plate with max that covered as much as it could, a plate helmet, gauntlets, and boots and threw a dwarf with it in the arena against 100 goblins with iron swords. They couldn't scratch the dwarf even after he passed out from exhaustion so I threw in some goblins with iron bolts and he died in two shots, hehe. You would think a helmet would be just round enough that a bolt would have a hard time landing a solid blow, but whatever.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suit of armor?
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 05:08:48 pm »

I would like to remove the cheesy armor stacking DF currently uses and make it so that you can only wear one suit of armor over one set of clothing, possibly with a cape thrown over that. I know that historically you'd stack chain under plate etc., but the vanilla game doesn't quite have that sorted out to my liking yet. How do I do that?

A dorf can only wear one [SHAPED] item on each position of his body, so if you added that tag to the mail shirt, they couldn't wear both a mail shirt and a breastplate.
Pages: 1 [2]