Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legends of Battle  (Read 497 times)

Andrelius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legends of Battle
« on: May 17, 2007, 10:19:00 am »

Rather than a simple 'who struck down who', maybe we could have little more detailed legend. It could probably pick a few major events or hits in a fight and include them in a small generated paragraph. You might find some repetition in sentence construction while browsing your legends, but I find it better than a simple struck down message.

It could include how my adventurer skillfully evaded the blow of the minotaur and how his counterattack impaled the minotaur in the chest.

I'm unsure of how these paragraphs would be generated, but it would be nice if we had things like these.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Legends of Battle
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 11:16:00 pm »

I'm hoping to do a lot more with the legends at some point, it's just going to be a while.  It would be great if you can eventually find a book that describes your fight with a dragon or goblin leader, properly embellished.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Battle
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 12:52:00 am »

There is a game called Galactic Civilizations II. The developers for it wanted to produce an "Epic Story Generator" for the expansion pack but dropped the feature saying it was too much.

Because DF already has history recording features in place, would it be possible to (in the far future) rig the legends screen to give a highlighted storyline?

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games