Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The 7's in the movie  (Read 524 times)

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The 7's in the movie
« on: May 17, 2007, 03:50:00 am »

Those 7's in the movie are supposed to be the river right? then why not just use different shades of blue to represent how deep and how shallow it is instead of using numbers.

Katawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 7's in the movie
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 03:56:00 am »

Might be hard with the current color coding to spend 9 of them on blue. I'm not really sure since it should be opengl which has quite a range. I like the idea of numbers since you know exactly what kind of animals/humanoids can be in certain spots without drowning horribly.
That aside as far as I've heard the numbers are transitional and may or may not be staying.
att has been attacked by a dead and still annoying acquaintance lately.

melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kieranmillar.com
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 05:33:00 am »

Yeah, the numbers are sort of a "debug mode", they'll be replaced with ~ and double ~ when the version is released. I can only assume that single ~ will represent a non-drownable water height and double ~ will mean that things will drown. But don't quote me on that.

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 11:49:00 am »

I actually like the numbers thing. It looks fairly watery still, and it gives a much better idea of how much water is there than single and double ~. It would be nice it Toady left us with an option to turn it on and off.

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 12:03:00 pm »

Yeah i think the option to turn it on or off is a good idea because then people have a choice rather than it being one way or the other.