Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In what format should the reports in DFFD be?

MS Excel 2007
- 0 (0%)
MS Excel, older than 2007
- 3 (37.5%)
PDF
- 3 (37.5%)
Other (specify)
- 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [COMMUNITY] Helmfist  (Read 13199 times)

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
Re: [COMMUNITY] Helmfist
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2010, 01:00:55 am »

We will be needing some religious areas, dont want to have the populous running around not worshiping now do we.

I mean that might bring about some *Snap Snap* um *Snap* Divine retribution or some such. need a shine to Limar so I may lounge pay homage to his magnificence.

(if you make a statue and turn it into a garden, just so there is a standing space, and assign it to a specific dwarf they will tend to hang around it more then most meeting areas. doesn't always work though.)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2010, 01:28:07 am »

If this were to happen, i would totaly leave my sherif job to work as the priest/ temple job etc. Possible modding in of a nobel position for it to.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2010, 05:55:04 am »

Back in bussiness!!

OP is now updated with updated pictures of every dwarf, new map and some layout fixes.

@Bloogonis
I think about the statue garden. Possibly, though no quarantines as I kinda hate everything which may cause parties.

@Nuker w
You can leave your position as sheriff if you want, though I'm not going to mod any noble positions for priests. I will just remove all labors from you and make you idle all the time, rising your social skills.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, Bloogonis, as a Faithkeeper you probably want all other jobs removed, right? I removed everything except Burial from you for now, as that's the only job associated with religion.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 05:59:48 am by Kipi »
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2010, 07:06:04 am »

Demands of religion
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 4th of Granite, year 1052.

We knew this day would come sooner or later. I hoped it would be later as we are still struggling here, and every additional demand makes the struggle harder.

So, Bloogonis visited my office early this morning. He wanted a place to worhsip his god Limar, the deity of wealth. He also wanted to leave his position as brewer and all his time to worhsip Limar and spreading the religion. I'm okay with the place of worship to be constructed, but I'ma bit skeptical wether it's good idea to allow him to spread his visions of religion. But, I'm giving him a chance to prove that it's good idea.

So, I gave the orders to start mining out a small chappel under the barracks. Only small chappel for now, we don't want to give him more ideas than is healthy.

Religion issues
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 12th of Obsidian, year 1052.

Eight days ago I gave the permission to have chapel for worshipping. And I knew there probably is going to be some problem coming with it. But I never thought the problems would find us this soon.

To start from beginning, as you can read from my previous entry, I gave Bloogonis permission to leave the mundane jobs and begin his career as Faithkeeper of Limar. I even promised small chapel for the purpose, which by the way is almost ready I write this. The only thing I asked was that the new religion would not brin any conflicts here and should not interfere the normal life in any way.

Immediately after Bloogonis left my office he begun spreading his religion to everybody who was willing to listen, and even to those who was not. Part of the deal, so I did not interfere as at that point there was no harm done.

So, eight days after Nuker W came to my office. He said that if I gave Bloogonis the permission to start practicing his faith, I should give that to him as well. We all know Nuker worship Kenis, the deity of Consolation. Now, as the job of the sheriff doesn't fit well to the worshipping of Kenis, Nuker wanted to leave his post as the sheriff our community as well as the job as mason. What a outrage! One of our only masons, and the only one willing to be sheriff, and now all of it throwed away just because I gave Bloogonis the permission?!

If I had knew that this would happen when I gave the permission, I definately wouldn't have done it.

So, I told Nuker that at this point his demands are out of question. We need him as the sheriff, and we need his skills as mason, especially when besides him we have only Sigun and Zanziik capable of working as masons. And Zanziik is out of question right now, untill the end of the season.

Nuker left my office disappointed. I'm sure this was not the last time I've to deal a this kind of situation. And I'm sure I can not forever deny every other religion what I gave to Bloogonis.

Spoiler: The Chapel for Limar (click to show/hide)

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2010, 07:32:07 am »

This is my stone, and these are my words carved upon it.  You now read the carving of Momuz Ceilingempire, for I am bored and am now going to keep a journal to keep me company.  And you must be bored as well, or else you'd have stopped reading by now.  And I'm probably off carrying something, so be sure to set my stone down carefully and exactly where it was, or I'll know someone's been reading it and I'll wonder who and have to write stranger and stranger things - some of them true - until I can catch you sneaking back to read more or maybe just watching me all the time to see if you can catch me at what I write.

I really didn't come here to carry things, but it is nice to work near others again.  Our home is getting nicer and nicer, though I'm really surprised there's still no real need for burning yet.  Metalwork and the beauty of controlling fire to make coal isn't really important here yet.  It will be, though.  Already kobolds are starting to test us, looking to see if we are wimpy or worthy.  They trade with the goblins, so the goblins will come soon too.  We'll have armor and weapons, or we'll wish we had; and either way we'll make them or we'll make them.  Before or after, though perhaps better for us if it's before the after.

The shadows here are still beautiful, and I've never had a room as nice as this before nor eaten in so fine a dining room.  This is going to be a very special place one day and someday the fires of the forges will leap in wild delight, feasting on finely made coals as the smiths shape their form of beauty.

I'm really looking forward to disciplining fire again into making my form of beauty.  I long to force the flames to tame their lustful hunger and simply taste, caress, touch the willing, still wet wood; to coax and pry, to pet and tease the raw lignate and bituminous stones until the fuels are giddy with longing.

Raw fuels -can- light a forge, but their heat is uneven.  One moment bursting with heat, the next instant the fuels remember their raw state, guttering their resistance and ruining the work of those who would master metals.  Instead, my teased fuels are ready and willing.

Taught to love the flame, and grown wistful for their chance to truly burn, the products of my art are always ready for the forge.  They will give even brilliance and steady high heat until the tasks of the metalworkers are finished.  And the shadows from their flames will be the most beautiful of all.

Erm!  Err, that is, may I claim Momuz Ceilingempire?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2010, 07:46:41 am »

Sure!

And nice introduction, btw.  ;)

EDIT: Oh, do you want to keep the name Momuz, or do you want to rename her as well?

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:48:29 am by Kipi »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2010, 07:54:55 am »

Sure!

And nice introduction, btw.  ;)

EDIT: Oh, do you want to keep the name Momuz, or do you want to rename her as well?

Thanks!  Was reading through the pages of this thread and looked over the unclaimed dwarves, and her skill at wood burner, her complete lack of any social contacts as of yet with the others, her personality traits of overall passivity combined with the single strong contrast of her love of new and fresh ideas... and her pyromanical, intensely introverted-but-dominant personality stepped out of my imagination and offered to shake my hand and write her journal entries for me.

Would you be willing to rename her Momuz Imp Ceilingempire?  That would please me greatly for this tale.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2010, 09:31:42 am »

Done!

I take it you want Woodburning as profession? I think I could arrange a place for you to work, though no quaranties how long woodburning stays needed, depends totally on when I find magma.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2010, 10:52:32 am »

New wave of migrants and mining project
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 20th of Granite, year 1052.

The fortress is finally in enough good shape that we can begin thinking the future. And with future I mean digging down. I have heard stories of great seas of magma which can be found if dug deep enough. I have never seen such things, but I'm very interested to find out if such thing can be found under our fortress. So, I ordered the mining project to begin. For safety purpose the stairway leading down is going to be smaller than the one currently connecting different levels of the fortress. I hope we can find something down there.

There is another reason why I'm totally for the mining project. Yesterday we got another wave of migrants. And I'm not small ones like what we have had before, but huge one. In total of twentyfour dwarves arrived at the entrance yesterday morning. Again, before anything else, the migrants were ordered to be interviewed before they could join the community. I have only made some minor studies of the backgrounds yet, but on the surface it seems that the wave consisted mainly peasants with some minor skills in different fields. There was one child with the group, the lass is going to be lonely here with no other kids to play with. Oh well, we can always give some work to her.

The only iinteresting ones from the wave were the tree masons with skills of engraving. Masons are always needed, perhaps I could give Nuker W what he wanted. But still we have to find new sheriff, and I'm not convinced there are too many suitable for that job.

There was also two doctors with the groups, they can work under the command of ISGC. Lastly the group had two siege operators, one mechanic and one general enginer with them. I think there should be enough work for those four, they can always begin planning the defense of entrance.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2010, 11:41:11 am »

Done!

I take it you want Woodburning as profession? I think I could arrange a place for you to work, though no quaranties how long woodburning stays needed, depends totally on when I find magma.

Do everything and anything you need to or want to with Momuz Imp; killing her will seriously limit my journal writing opportunities, but I'd probably find something to leave as her last entry or two before death when that time comes.

The more variety in her life and experiences, the more possibly interesting directions for her side tales might occur.  Even if she is never allowed to actually work with fire again, there's a story even in that from her internal reactions (fear not, if you satisfy her dreams of harnessing fire, there's tales to tell there too).

Just like you'll be telling the tale of your fort, no matter what comes; now that I've adopted Momuz Imp's viewpoint, I'll be polishing her viewpoint and offering it regularly, no matter what she thinks of her life.

Now, in terms of what I'd like for her - throw me the occasional curve, if you think of any.  In general, do anything with her, and just leave me some way to figure out what she's been doing.  Thanks!

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2010, 01:39:51 pm »

New wave of migrants and mining project
Written by Kipi Twisturns at the 20th of Granite, year 1052.

The fortress is finally in enough good shape that we can begin thinking the future. And with future I mean digging down. I have heard stories of great seas of magma which can be found if dug deep enough. I have never seen such things, but I'm very interested to find out if such thing can be found under our fortress. So, I ordered the mining project to begin. For safety purpose the stairway leading down is going to be smaller than the one currently connecting different levels of the fortress. I hope we can find something down there.

There is another reason why I'm totally for the mining project. Yesterday we got another wave of migrants. And I'm not small ones like what we have had before, but huge one. In total of twentyfour dwarves arrived at the entrance yesterday morning. Again, before anything else, the migrants were ordered to be interviewed before they could join the community. I have only made some minor studies of the backgrounds yet, but on the surface it seems that the wave consisted mainly peasants with some minor skills in different fields. There was one child with the group, the lass is going to be lonely here with no other kids to play with. Oh well, we can always give some work to her.

The only iinteresting ones from the wave were the tree masons with skills of engraving. Masons are always needed, perhaps I could give Nuker W what he wanted. But still we have to find new sheriff, and I'm not convinced there are too many suitable for that job.

There was also two doctors with the groups, they can work under the command of ISGC. Lastly the group had two siege operators, one mechanic and one general enginer with them. I think there should be enough work for those four, they can always begin planning the defense of entrance.

So, with the immigrant wave we have housing problem in our hands, again. And here I hoped that we would not face that problem any time soon. Have to arrange meeting with other admins to see what we can do.

Spoiler: Stairways to hell (click to show/hide)

Tiphareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2010, 01:11:44 pm »

How is the game coming along? Did you give up because of disinterest from us dwarves? Personally I haven't posted anything more because I can't open pdf files (and prefer it that way).

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2010, 01:51:29 pm »

Haven't given up, just too damn busy to play much. And it requires a bit work to convert the game to .08 version with updated Phoebus' graphics...

Though my plans were to have a session today, while watching Denmark - Japan.
GO DENMARK GO!!!

Tiphareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2010, 04:47:14 pm »

Good to hear, I really enjoy reading about the fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]