Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Severed parts gaphics  (Read 705 times)

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
Severed parts gaphics
« on: June 18, 2010, 11:12:55 am »

All severed parts are the same 2 graphic. It would be nice if larger parts (lower bodies, limbs, wings, tails on man-sized or larger creatures) might have a larger graphic. (Such as the 1/2 or 1/4 characters?)

Sfon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Severed parts gaphics
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 11:47:28 am »

Or even just one other to represent smaller bits, with the current one used for the biggest parts like the main corpse and body halves.

--Edit-- Err yeah, it would make sense to make the ² for smaller bits, instead of the current. But whatever, same basic idea.

½ and ¼ might be confusing because the former is a larger number while the latter is a fuller graphic. Maybe if the Pt tile (after the ¥) was used for the large bits instead? And yes, I do know the creature tile is used for the main corpse, just easy to forget with all the body halves flying around.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:12:57 pm by Sfon »

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
Re: Severed parts gaphics
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 01:14:41 pm »

I was thinking Pt too, that could work.

Maybe the Yen symbol could represent the particularly large bits of particularly large specimens, too.

I just hate it when a 2 flies off the enemy and I think, YES! CRITICAL x24!! only to find out it's an ear. Or the reverse. Happens to my dwarf and I'm all like, HA! ONLY A FINGER! AH GOT TEN O THOSE, LADDIE! And you look and discover a leg.