Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most Interesting/Funny/Dangerous FB You've Gotten  (Read 1348 times)

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most Interesting/Funny/Dangerous FB You've Gotten
« on: June 20, 2010, 01:27:00 am »

Please present them in a nice official manner so I can LOL at them.
Thanks.

My entire fortress just got slaughtered (50 Dwarves) by a Panda.
Yes, a PANDA.
And it had poisonous ichor. What the fuck?
I didn't know what that mean't at the time so after my 20+ Axe/Hammer Dwarves attacked it I had it butchered because we were starving in the desert.

Baaaaad choice.
First everyone started vomiting everywhere, literally layering my entire fortress underground.
Then everyone started internally bleeding and died soon after.
All 50.
D:<

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most Interesting/Funny/Dangerous FB You've Gotten
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 01:36:41 am »

A giant pink scaly llama. I thought it was pretty funny.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 01:38:55 am »

A giant pink scaly llama. I thought it was pretty funny.

Do you remember it's attack?
And that is pretty funny.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 02:29:15 am »

You mean it's breath attack or whatever? No, I don't.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 03:05:44 am »

I had a dust spewing pterosaur. The catch? No one could get near it since the dust was actually a highly contagious frozen substance causing instant rot and total organ failure in under 3 real-life seconds.

I think one of my dwarves managed to dent its leg before he died.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

leftycook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 04:50:10 am »

I had a giant feathered crab that was ripping my dwarves apart with its pincers.
Untill it took it into its head to use one of my fallen dorfs' hats as a weapon.
he's been wailing on my mayor with this leather cap doing shit all for about five months now.

Osdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 06:01:38 am »

All I've had is a blasted thing of metal from underground, in the cave system i hadn't actually breached at "floor level" as it were. (Which technically comes under "dangerous" :P)

I would however like to enter the most useless GCS ever, which got killed by 3 dwarves with bronze axes and partial bronze armor, they were skilled axe dwarves at best.

They all got out without a scratch, and the Spider was dead in about 10 seconds.

SenorPiquante

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that's Optimus Prime wearing a sombrero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 07:24:38 am »

A vomit blob with wings. I forget what it's weapon was...

Incidentally, that was the first of FOUR FBs that showed up in the caverns in my last fort; I could see into the caverns, but had them sealed up, so they just kept arriving every few years.
Twitter: The only place where it is acceptable to say "I noticed that her and I had a lot of the same interests, so I started following her."

The Dwarf Fortress forums: The only place where a discussion of an Elf king who splattered a dragon across a fortress wall with two hammerstrikes can be derailed into the economy crash of 1929.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 10:23:34 am »

A giant hairy worm with poisonous secretions...   ???

eliddell

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 12:39:28 pm »

I was skimming Legends in a world I generated and discovered the Forgotten Beast Saslu, a huge noseless ass with a poisonous bite.

Unless that was a typo for "donkey", I really don't want to think about where its teeth were located . . .

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 02:14:44 pm »

I was skimming Legends in a world I generated and discovered the Forgotten Beast Saslu, a huge noseless ass with a poisonous bite.

Unless that was a typo for "donkey", I really don't want to think about where its teeth were located . . .
Nope, we're talking about a giant behind.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 02:45:32 pm »

I've twice been terribly inconvenienced by chickadees.  I forget the details of the first one; the second had external ribs and a hunger for warm blood.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 02:50:57 pm »

Once upon a time, a charcoal humanoid breached my defensive structure (which was not really very near to completion) and spewed dust into my meeting hall and main stairwell. Over the next few moments, roughly a third of my dwarves, the vast majority of my livestock, and the forgotten beast himself, all bled to death. That's what the dust did. Anyone who touched it bled to death. Including the beast.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 05:50:17 pm »

I got a "towering quadruped composed of mud", with mandibles that "undulates rhythmically".  And of course poisonous vapours (shooting from range rather than just in an area around it). 

It sounded like it'd be the worst one so far, but it was laughably easy to defeat - the first dwarf to attack it was one of my optimistically trained marksdwarves and even he was severing body parts all over just by clubbing it with his crossbow.  It turned out to have the right bodyparts to sever to result in a kill, with none of my dwarves dying.  The worst hurt was the miner that first encountered it.  He got sprayed with poison repeatedly before my military showed up, but all it did was bruise his entire body and put him in a fever for a bit - he'd recovered naturally before my doc got around to diagnosing him.

Course, after that I got the blob composed of grime and filth that just had a body and two wings - unkillable and I had no cave-in or encasing traps prepared, so he slowly poisoned my entire fortress (and just beat them up - his "push" attack was penetrating steel armour) despite being smashed and broken open all over.