Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starter build save  (Read 1064 times)

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Starter build save
« on: May 16, 2007, 06:35:00 am »

Hi there, found this nice game a few days ago. I played (failed) a few dungeons so far and Ive found a starter build (if thats what you call the equipment/skills you give the seven starter dwarves) that I like. Only problem is that I think its tedious to type in all that stuff everytime I start a new game, which is often :P. I would like a way to save a setup so I can start games more quickly.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starter build save
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 07:14:00 am »

Right after starting a fortress and configure any of the labor preferences you want save the game.  Then copy everything in data/save folder to another folder.  Then you can restore that folder everytime you want to start over.

Note this will also save the layout of the mountain and surrounding area.  Those things actually have some final random changes done to them seperate from building the world.

"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starter build save
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 06:51:00 pm »

I don't really like that workaround.  I like using the same seven skillsets no matter what mountain (or even biome) I choose.  I also trash worlds a lot and start new ones.  So saving the game after arrival at the fortress site doesn't really save any typing.
g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.