Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Berserk mood....  (Read 1102 times)

melon4242

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Berserk mood....
« on: June 10, 2010, 09:22:36 am »

Hi,

Just an idea  ;D when a specialized dwarf become bersek why he didn't use his competence like a berserk....
currently, when a specialized minner become berserk you can trap he into a room with a closed door and wait for his death .... even if he have a pick on he.....

miner + pick + berserk => full of random gallery
woodcuter + axe + berserk => random cutting trees

see ya
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 09:22:01 am by melon4242 »

zergl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bersek mood....
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 09:35:33 am »

I could see it possibly being fun for ordinary insanity (the running around babbling kind), but berserkers should exactly do what it says on the tin, which is run berserk and try to kill everything they see in a violent trance.

And you should definitely be able to stop/trap/kill them before they decide to poke a hole into the magma/water plumbing because the amounts of fun you could otherwise get in the wake of a tantrum spiral would potentially be unbearable.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:27:36 pm »

Tantrumming woodcutters going nuts on trees would work. Miners, not so much, as having your legendary dining room randomly messed up is extremely unpleasant.

It'd be neat if angry fisherdwarves jumped in the river and started wrestling fish.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

eugene

• Bay Watcher
  • careful with that axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 07:25:18 am »

I like the idea. This reaction would be very fitting if your dwarves snap because you have been pushing them too hard, deconstructing too many parties or withholding booze and so on.

All work and no beer makes Urist a dullfun dwarf.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 02:45:58 pm »

Berserk woodcutter and miners are already fearsome creatures. Axes and mining picks can do a lot of damage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 06:16:35 pm »

I've had a fortress guard go berserk before, he was armed with a silver mace and full leather armor.

Took me 5 dogs to take him down in the end, and the eldest of whom was mortally wounded in the fight. Sad, really.

But yeah, I like the idea, but it seems a little over the top. Tantrumming dwarves are the vandals, not berserk ones. So really, the ones who'd likely do things like that are the tantrumming ones. Although, i know I would be pissed if a dwarf tantrummed and deconstructed my entire lower floor of a dining hall or another important building on an aboveground fort like my present one - the idiot would probably kill hundreds in the resulting cave-in.
Still, i like your suggestion. It's just going to be far too frustrating to be implemented right now.
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
Re: Berserk mood....
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 08:35:32 pm »

I personally think berserk creatures should bash down doors and other barriers in their way for Shining esque- "Here comes Johnny!!!" Moments involving berserk moods.

P.S. You misspelled berserk in the title

melon4242

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Berserk mood....
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 06:53:37 am »

I think too...

Berzerk mood in DF is quite easy to contain... and lost one dwarf by "accident" when you have 25 migrant each season.... it's unplesant but quite not realistic....

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 08:27:04 am »

Berserk metal/sand workers yelling at their materials for years in order to impart enough energy to fuel the reaction?

Berserk craftdwarves picking up anything (including already finished goods) made of their desired material (wood, stone, etc) and smashing things together to try to create something new?

Berserk hunters becoming sentient and hunting that most dangerous of animals: man?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 05:53:24 pm by Niveras »

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 09:43:59 am »

Berserk hunters becoming sentient and hunting that most dangerous of animals: man?

Could be worse.

Could be dwarf.
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 09:38:04 pm »

Berserk woodcutter and miners are already fearsome creatures. Axes and mining picks can do a lot of damage.

Heres urist!!!!