Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pausing not completely pausing  (Read 385 times)

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pausing not completely pausing
« on: June 11, 2010, 07:49:16 pm »

I've noticed some strange behavior in the game, and, though I am new and started playing only on version .03, I don't recall it in versions prior to .05, so I thought I'd bring it up here and ask before submitting it as a bug.

Has anyone else noticed that the game doesn't seem to be pausing completely?  Some passive events seem to occur while in pause mode.  For example, I just started a new game on a new map, and have not unpaused it yet.  While laying out my plans in the (d) menu and other beginning tasks, suddenly I get a notice that a cat has adopted a guy.  I've seen other things, but didn't really take note of them (I will be watching from here on).

So, is this normal, or should no events of any sort be occurring while the game is paused?
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

Eidako

• Bay Watcher
  • Snow White cancels Sleep: Attending Party
    • View Profile
Re: Pausing not completely pausing
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:56:26 pm »

It's a well-known, long-standing bug. Cat adoptions, meetings, trader unloading and a few other jobs progress while designating things, regardless of pause. It's actually a nice way of getting your broker through the trade agreement process; pause and doodle with the mouse for a while, and it'll be done in no time.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:00:13 pm by Eidako »

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pausing not completely pausing
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 08:31:15 pm »

Heh, alright.  Good to know.  Thanks.
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)