Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortress mode naming bloat with religiony goodness  (Read 747 times)

Shadetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fortress mode naming bloat with religiony goodness
« on: February 08, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »

more bloat in here than a dead cow in a stagnant pond but I really like to incorporate the history of my world into my fortress mode playing.  Which 38a made alot easier but...

When naming a fortress in fortress mode "OF X" should pull from the diety list for your civilization as well.  So we can make "The Abbey of Num the Rosy Tail"

As it stands The Rosy Tail-Abbey will have to do for now  :)

actually the hyphen compound and first compound would work for this as well but could get complicated with the extra long english language names that it uses.  though if "Num the Rosy Tail" was actually called "Num Istbarkesh" or "Numistbarkesh" etc with an added section for the translation that could be nice as well.

even more craziness
(using seed 2008 v38a fyi)
The Everlasting Gilded Lens, is the civ I chose and Num Istbarkesh is the diety of fishing.  It would be neat if by using her name it gave some very small non balance breaking bonus to fishing related tasks or alternatively, my dwarves would gain favor with Num by performing fishing related tasks.  Or just having to pick a patron diety for your fortress would require certain things(offerings/abulations) but give bonuses as well. This poses problems for those suicide cults  :D  (though that diety would love my dwarves)

Incorporating the dieties image into the fortress engravings would also be another neat interaction.