Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin spelunkers  (Read 573 times)

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin spelunkers
« on: June 10, 2010, 10:55:36 pm »

Just captured 10 gobos, wondering if they'll explore the caravans for me if I dump them in.

Also another quick question, say a forgotten beast/titan wandered in, would the goblins fight him (Caged gobo's linked to a lever) ?  Run around him and leave?  Or just go after my dwarves?
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin spelunkers
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:35:03 am »

I believe you only get map updates if a friendly (and conscious) creature sees them. Goblins aren't friendly, so they won't be any help there.

Forgotten beasts will definitely fight goblins. I'm not 100% certain whether the gobs will make it a higher priority to fight a nearby FB or make a beeline for your meeting hall if they can. The easy way to prevent that would be to give them no path inside.

Fourdots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin spelunkers
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:25:18 am »

Also, if a goblin kills a forgotten beast, it will become friendly, which is always useful.

Sadly, friendly goblins don't appear to reveal map features, based on one who killed two forgotten beasts and then wandered in and out of revealed areas for a while without finding anything new. The goblin showed up from the underground, with the same notification as if a forgotten beast had arrived, though, so dropping surface goblins down might lead to different results.