Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Killing One Guy  (Read 1266 times)

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Killing One Guy
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 02:06:29 pm »

No, dwarfy would involve building a huge pump stack and a magmaduct to drown him in magma, then have water poured on that to make obsidian, then mine out the tile he was standing on, make a statue out of the obsidian doing that produced, then place that at the bottom of a long shaft that you use for refuse disposal.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 02:57:56 pm »

Hate to derail the thread, but I'm guessing this OP wouldn't know either...
What's the best weapon/armor?  I know heavier stuff is good for bashing, but I haven't figured out what order it goes in yet, I thought bronze was the best (Barring one metal) for armor...
Adamantine is better than steel (EXCEPT HAMMERS).
Steel is better than bronze.
Bronze is better than iron.
Iron is better than copper or silver.
Silver is the worst (EXCEPT HAMMERS).
so... I'm assuming that the silver hammers are special either due to weight, or because you are referencing a beetles song.
I'd personally go with steel most of the time, it is not expensive enough to bring hundreds of useless migrants at once, and it is still fairly good. and copper is better than silver at most things as well.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 03:33:16 pm »

Blunt weapons rely on density, not material strength. Silver is the best vanilla weapon-metal to make hammers out of due to their density. Better would be adding tags to make gold, lead and platinum hammers. Steel is the way to go for everything else though.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 08:01:52 pm »

But kill orders on the random hungry head, mischievous raccoon, or gobbo who escaped the arena work fine.
Fascinating.  I wonder why my experience is completely different.  Not claiming you're wrong, just wondering why it works for you and not for me.
Pages: 1 [2]