Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oops...  (Read 465 times)

Habba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oops...
« on: June 11, 2010, 06:41:55 am »

Hey guys, me again :P

Another silly question for you! I found a friggin awesome place, and embarked there with some dwarves.
Turns out, made it a little too big, so there is some lag already, and I'm not keen to see that when my plan goes in completion (wich involves magma, and lots of it) my PC melts.
However, I can't find a way to make it smaller, because when I abandon fortress, and come back to make it smaller, it's still there! Anyway to delete it from the world folder or something? Just so that it vanishes :P

Cheers!
P.S.: It will be called "Hellspirals, The Doomed Mechanical Angry-Anus of Demons"

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oops...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:04:44 am »

You need to regenerate the world with the same settings and seed.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Habba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:20:19 am »

Aaaaaaand, how do you do that? I thought a world was randomly generated? Where can i find those settings?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 07:29:15 am »

Escape, Export Local Image (or whatever it's called), then select one Z-level and hit "e" to export. When it's done, there'll also be a bunch of text files in your DF main directory, one of which contains the complete worldgen info for your world, including all of the seeds. Go into advanced world generation and enter all of the stats and you'll get the exact same world as before.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 07:34:28 am »

If you don't have an active fortress, you can go into legends mode and hit "p". The file this creates is called region(something)-world_gen_info.txt

You could also paste it into the end of data/init/world_gen.txt rather than copying the values by hand, but you might want to change the TITLE tag to something like "remake me" so it's less confusing :).

Habba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 07:50:12 am »

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!

It worked :P now for my Giant fortress of doom :D
This place is awesome, it's a mountain, but with one fourth cut out, and right at that fourth, an open magma pipe xD
Imagine the possibilities! :D
Now let's try and not screw this up