Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Miner drops pick  (Read 442 times)

Sjiveru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Miner drops pick
« on: June 11, 2010, 02:34:36 pm »

I had a miner, happily mining away for months on end. Suddenly, I find that even though I have accessible mining designations, she's listed as 'no job'. So I check her inventory, and she doesn't have a pick, even though I have enough picks for all of my miners (3 miners, 3 picks, on the stocks screen at least). So what happened? Why did she just suddenly drop her pick and refuse to pick it up? I'm not sure where it is, maybe it's in a now-inaccessible area, but I don't quite know how to find it.

Eidako

• Bay Watcher
  • Snow White cancels Sleep: Attending Party
    • View Profile
Re: Miner drops pick
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 02:45:50 pm »

To find the pick, z->stocks->weapons->scroll down and highlight a pick->tab->z, until you find a pick that's not held by your miners. Make sure you didn't accidentally turn off mining for her, and the pick is unforbidden and in an equipment stockpile if you have one.

Sjiveru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 02:50:57 pm »

Thanks. Apparently my mason is carrying it -what does he need a pick for? He doesn't have mining enabled....

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 03:21:01 pm »

I had a miner, happily mining away for months on end. Suddenly, I find that even though I have accessible mining designations, she's listed as 'no job'. So I check her inventory, and she doesn't have a pick, even though I have enough picks for all of my miners (3 miners, 3 picks, on the stocks screen at least). So what happened? Why did she just suddenly drop her pick and refuse to pick it up? I'm not sure where it is, maybe it's in a now-inaccessible area, but I don't quite know how to find it.

Are you using dwarf therpaist? there was something posted a while ago about labors that require certain tools causing a bug like this.

Sjiveru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 03:34:31 pm »

Yeah. That's entirely possible.

(Fixed it by dumping then reclaiming the pick.)

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 03:40:35 pm »

Yeah. That's entirely possible.

(Fixed it by dumping then reclaiming the pick.)

That's the fix for the same issue, i'd check the DT google code site and see if it was supposed to be fixed in what ever version you're running and report it if needed.