Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bleeding Bug?  (Read 1032 times)

Killebrew

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Bleeding Bug?
« on: June 05, 2010, 08:03:12 pm »

Okay, just started a new fortress in .05 and immediately my dwarfs are bleeding to death without any sort of fighting or attacks.  Literally within a minute after I unpaused the game (I always pause immediately to find and designate a dig site for the fort) 4 of the 7 dwarfs bled to death.  I checked the announcements to verify that they hadn't been attacked or done anything to hurt themselves and there was nothing.

Edit: Didn't think to say anything because I didn't think it had relevance, but immediately upon loading the location I received a message saying the world had passed into the Age of Legends.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:07:09 pm by Killebrew »

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
    • Familiar Ground, fantasy comedy from a familiar point of view.
Re: Bleeding Bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 08:20:00 pm »

Was it raining?  Are you in a hot region?

I think there was a bug where a combination of water and too hot environment or proximity to magma would cause fat to burn off, causing internal bleeding.

Check out my comic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Fantasy Comedy.  Familiar Point of View.

Killebrew

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 08:30:12 pm »

No, it was not raining and it was a temperate region.  I've made a copy of the save if anyone would like to look at it since I really have no clue how to figure out what caused it.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 11:38:15 pm »

No, it was not raining and it was a temperate region.  I've made a copy of the save if anyone would like to look at it since I really have no clue how to figure out what caused it.

Post it somewhere?
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 04:43:25 am »

I think there was a bug where a combination of water and too hot environment or proximity to magma would cause fat to burn off, causing internal bleeding.
This has been fixed in 31.05. (*) adjusted seasonal temperatures (should actually fix the rain bug)
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 03:44:41 am »

This has been fixed in 31.05. (*) adjusted seasonal temperatures (should actually fix the rain bug)
Haha that's ok for the normal conditions but if you set max temperature boundary higher than 150 degrees you'll get the same rain in scorching areas.
Finis sanctificat media.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 07:06:29 pm »

Okay, just started a new fortress in .05 and immediately my dwarfs are bleeding to death without any sort of fighting or attacks.  Literally within a minute after I unpaused the game (I always pause immediately to find and designate a dig site for the fort) 4 of the 7 dwarfs bled to death.  I checked the announcements to verify that they hadn't been attacked or done anything to hurt themselves and there was nothing.

Edit: Didn't think to say anything because I didn't think it had relevance, but immediately upon loading the location I received a message saying the world had passed into the Age of Legends.
Check their clothing. An old bug from 40d and before that tended to come about from botched modding was that you'd get clothes made out of " leather" (the creature has no name so there's just a space before leather where the creature's name would normally be), and the leather boils at zero degrees or something, so the dwarves would be wearing clothes that are literally killing them. I haven't yet heard of that bug affecting anyone in the new versions, but I wouldn't be surprised if it can still happen.
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.