Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Terror War--Wage the War to Destroy al-Qaeda  (Read 772 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Terror War--Wage the War to Destroy al-Qaeda
« on: February 21, 2011, 04:35:07 pm »

There is a game developer called Bruce Costello who made a game called "Terror War". In the game, you play as the United States and has the goal of trying to destroy al-Qaeda and kill Osama bin Laden, by following certain pre-planned strategies and screaming when those pre-planned strategies backfire heavily ("Axis of Evil" Strategy=Worst Strategy). It's a fun game...and I enjoy it, for what it is, an attempt to simulate a war against al-Qaeda. It's actually a pretty easy game once you know what to do. (It's called "Terror War", but really, your goal is to wipe out aQ, and in fact sometimes, you want to help terrorist groups survive: either because you're funding them to ensure that you don't need to occupy Hostile nations or because attacking those groups could make aQ more powerful.)

I do suggest you don't read the rest of Bruce Costello's posts, because his political views are a little...extreme...but I did contribute a variant where you get to play as a conservative isolationist USA trying to destroy aQ without attacking any country. That variant is a bit too easy though, so YMMV.

(EDIT: Actually, since you likely don't want any spoils, here's two variants that I made that you can use in the game:
*Fortress America
*Talk with the Taliban)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 04:40:29 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.