Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Fortress  (Read 2701 times)

Ramirez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Fortress
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 10:52:19 pm »

Bronze bullets would not be particularly unusual though, particularly if they are being cast by isolated communities. I believe elephant gun rounds and some armour-piercing rounds use cast bronze rather than the more usual lead core + copper jacket.

The multiple gun issue mentioned in the initial post is a relatively minor one in my opinion, as they share ammunition for the most part (I seem to remember STALKER using about 4 or so different ammo types for rifles, as well as a couple of different types of pistol round). By playing with the weight, projectile force and maximum projectile velocity you should be able to produce enough variety. Restricting weapons to individual factions would further compound this, as it would give an incentive to scavenge high-grade guns from the military for your elites to make use of with their tungsten and DU ammunition which the carbines cannot propel effectively.

On the site issue, would it not make sense for bandit camps to be forest retreats? Having bandits just hanging around in the middle of the trees with no structures nearby seems fairly faithful to the game to me. Also I would like to see the Ecologists in detailed caves, as that is the site type most like the research bunker they are staying at in the game.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 11:28:12 pm »

Aye, bandits in retreats would be alright.  The Ecologists in caves I should be able to do if I use some of the Kobold entity stuff.

For equipment, I've got plans to use the same kinda distribution of arms that you see in the game itself, and every faction has unique armor.

To help with the any problems that might come from guns, or if you're using a different caliber of bullet, I plan on implementing reactions and testing to make sure that each gun can be broken down into base components so that they can be rebuild.  As before, it'll transmute whatever the original gun was made of, but I suppose that's fine.  Armor I'm kinda iffy on whether I want to allow it to be broken down.  Bullets, being valuable, won't be allowed to be broken down.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 12:10:35 am »

By memory, I could be wrong, I believe the calibers featured were as following. (I've never played vanilla, only Arsenal+OL, but I think I remember what was in Vanilla)

5.45x39mm
7.62x39mm
5.56x45mm
9x39mm

12 gauge buck
12 gauge slugs

9x18mm
9x19mm
7.62x25mm
.45???
.50???

But yeah, I know you could just google for answers pertaining to the functionality of certain firearms, or you yourself maybe knowledgeable, but if you ever have a question please ask me, I love answering questions.

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 12:14:23 am »

How possible would blowouts be? Could you have them on a somewhat random timer that makes all of outdoors poisonous and to spawn certain creatures?

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 12:19:58 am »

Blowouts, I don't know.  It could be possible to MIMIC it somehow, such as the boiling rain, but otherwise, hard to say.

As for the ammos, don't worry, I know all the calibers.  I and a good friend of mine have been modding STALKER since it came out in early '07.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 01:35:44 am »

Yeah... Possible, even without my haxing craxing (e.g. using DFhack) only problem than algorithm complexity is O(number of items) (best case O(number of vermits)) + MapReading/Editing(for magma)+ creature vector (for healing ressurection) +...etc and in the end it works veryyy slowly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for this mod: I am going to play this. (Especially with new DF raws system :) ) This has a lot of potential and STALKER was really great game.

If you give it to only very rare vermin with low POPULATION_NUMBER so there's just a few on the map at once it should be fine, isn't it?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

DeMasked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 06:06:46 pm »

DF's initial learning curve is more like a learning cliff, essentially the game shoves you off and expects you learn how to fly before you hit the ground.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 06:31:50 am »

Can you edit the greetings to "Get out of here, Stalker?"
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"
Pages: 1 [2]