Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I get a stockpile to accept sandbags  (Read 1081 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
How do I get a stockpile to accept sandbags
« on: June 06, 2010, 10:23:02 am »

I have two hauling dwarves and a furniture stockpile set to accept only sadbands (all other furniture options disabled. Further, I embarked with sand.

What's wrong?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get a stockpile to accept sandbags
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 11:57:54 am »

Did you designate a spot for sand gathering?
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.

Fourdots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 01:50:40 pm »

Well, if you have a stockpile set to accept only sand, it seems like it should be working. Are they not bringing the sandbags over there? Are they busy doing something? Is anything happening with the stockpile? Are you sure that sandbags are enabled in it? Are the sandbags forbidden? Are you sure that they actually exist? Is the game paused? Are they able to get to the stockpile? Are the sandbags in the wagon? If so, are they tasked in the T menu?

You see, this is what happens when you don't say what you expect to happen, and what's happening instead. It's pretty hard to figure out what's wrong if we don't know anything about what's going on.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 01:58:19 pm »

A tricky bit with sand that's easy to overluck is it's listed below the main detail section (turn off/on with the 'u' key of furniture stockpiles.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Spindrift

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 05:56:37 pm »

Maybe there's another stockpile somewhere that's also accepting sandbags, where all your sand is going instead. Make sure sand is turned off in every other stockpile.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 07:58:59 pm »

Hmmm I had something like this once. May have fixed it by turning off only item types and not quality/material things.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Chris

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 12:07:16 am »

I've seen a problem like this, I think my resolution turned out to be something like allowing cloth materials (the bag item) of any quality I don't think I had to enable bags and I'm not exactly certain of this. Try enabling cloth and all quality settings see if that'll make it work maybe try enabling and then disabling bags. In this version I've seen several cases where stockpiles seem to not work quite as expected and require enabling related but not intended items to allow them to function correctly.