Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Suffocated! Where is his corpse?  (Read 652 times)

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Suffocated! Where is his corpse?
« on: June 06, 2010, 11:46:21 am »

(40d) Hey all! I am still playing v40d16 -- I think this is my last fortress before trying the latest version.

I recently noticed an announcement in my current fortress "Charles McDwarf Champion has suffocated". There was no battle, and no real reason for Charles to be wandering about into strange and dangerous areas. I have no idea how he suffocated.

I have been looking for his corpse, but with no luck. I have tried looking under 'u'nits with no luck. How can I find out where Charles died?

Thanks!

Baron Of Hell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Suffocated! Where is his corpse?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 12:00:39 pm »

It look on the stock "Z" screen you can search for his name and then zoom to it

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 12:14:25 pm »

Oops. Never mind. My dwarves have already buried him. I really would have liked to have found out why or how he suffocated. Does anyone have any ideas what might have happened? I am not doing anything interesting with water and there were no announcements about collapsing areas.

But thanks Baron, the z screen did work. That another good thing to learn about this odd DF interface.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 12:14:33 pm »

he probably had a mangled lung or dodged into pond.
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 12:15:18 pm »

in the new version its easier because you can zoom to announcements from the (a) menu
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 02:37:42 pm »

I think I figured it out. My dwarf was a noob sworddwarf. I bet he got stabbed in the lung.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 02:47:28 pm »

A lot of sparring deaths are caused by suffocation. A critical hit to the throat and the dwarf will stagger away and suffocate.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 01:25:11 pm »

EDIT:
Sorry, wrong thread, never mind this
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."