Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nobles  (Read 484 times)

Briggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nobles
« on: June 06, 2010, 06:41:58 pm »

My game is about 12 years in (DF2010) but I've not had any nobles show up. I've got over 100 dwarves, but all I have is Expedition Leader, Chief Medical, Captain of the Guard, book keeper, broker, and Sheriff.  What do I need to do to get more nobles? Particularly the Dungeonmaster?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:08:52 pm by Briggs »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Nobles
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 07:25:44 pm »

Has your fortress been visited by an outpost liason?  Do you get caravans from the dwarven civilization?  If you don't have a surviving dwarven civilization, or don't get visits from one, you can't get nobles.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Briggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 07:26:53 pm »

Yeah, I get visits from the dwarves every year, including outpost liason.

zergl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 07:37:42 pm »

Mhm, you listing both Sheriff and Captain of the Guard (Captain should supersede Sheriff, iirc) and the lack of mayor and Arsenal dorf in your listing makes me think something is rotten in the state of your fortress.

Briggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 07:43:06 pm »

What do you mean rotten? Like, something wrong with the game or that the dwarves aren't happy? Because just about every dwarf I have is 'ecstatic', aside from the couple that sadly died.

zergl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 07:55:13 pm »

Something wrong with the game.

Can you provide a screenshot of your nobles screen?

Briggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 09:34:10 pm »

Turns out there was a dwarf for Arsenal Dwarf too.

zergl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 09:43:04 pm »

There's the Mayor and Captain of the Guard (replacing the post of Sheriff) missing, both of which you should get pretty much automatically after getting to a population of 50.

Weird. Might be a case for a bug report unless I miss a reason for mayor/captain of the guard not appearing at 100 dorfs population.