Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stopping Attribute and skill decay  (Read 781 times)

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stopping Attribute and skill decay
« on: May 30, 2010, 03:25:58 pm »

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if there is any way to stop attributes and skills from decaying due to inactivity?
Thanks a lot.
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Stopping Attribute and skill decay
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 04:35:20 pm »

There is already a thread that goes into lengthy discussion on how to stop it. Try searching for it.

I'll look for it a little later, I have something I need to take care of first.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 04:38:26 pm »

There is already a thread that goes into lengthy discussion on how to stop it. Try searching for it.

I'll look for it a little later, I have something I need to take care of first.

Dang, I have to start using the search function more often, thanks for tour post.
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 04:39:55 pm »

If you're talking about the thread where I posted some code,  I would like to let you know my code is borked.  It didn't work in my games.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 08:34:58 pm »

I don't think that was it, but I can't seem to find the exact one again.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 09:31:28 pm »

[SKILL_RATES:<% of improvement points you get>:<unused counter rate>:<rust counter rate>:<demotion counter rate>].  Default is [SKILL_RATES:100:8:8:16].   [SLOW_LEARNER] changes the 100 to a 50.  You can't apply it to individual skills right now.  Lower numbers in the last three slots make those processes happen faster, so [SKILL_RATES:100:1:1:1] would make a creature lose skills quickly.  You can feed NONE in the last three if you want.

[PHYS_ATT_RATES:<att token>:<cost to improve>:<unused counter rate>:<rust counter rate>:<demotion counter rate>].  Defaults for are 500:2:3:2, except for RECUPERATION and DISEASE_RESISTANCE that don't have change rates.

[PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC:<att token>:<cap %>].  Default is 200.  This means you can increase your attribute to 200% of its starting value (or the average value + your starting value if that is higher).

These have corresponding "MENT_ATT" tokens.

Enjoy.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.