Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Lockerz V1: I have 5000 ptz and missed the redemption, damn.  (Read 4088 times)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lockerz V1: I have 5000 ptz and missed the redemption, damn.
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2010, 08:15:23 pm »

It takes 28 days of 53 points a day to get the equivelent of the reward of purchasing the PS3.
If the PS3 is, therefore, at least TWICE that for the reward, that means that you must work a minimum of 28 days to pay for it (with 56 days as a member)

How many hours does it take to earn 53 points a day?

At 8.50 an Hour, you would have to work (before taxes) about 30 hours to get it. (assuming a Gamestop refurbished 40GB PS3. Their most expensive one would take about 48 hours.)

40 hours a week is full time employment. So, what is the dollar value of a lockerz point? I doubt it is even close to a fraction of minimum wage.
If you account for the redemptions where you can spend 1000 ptz for 100$ paypal or 2750 ptz for 300$ paypal, so you could in theory cut costs that way too.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 08:40:32 pm »

Are you guaranteed, if you have some number of pointz, to be able to purchase the item you want that costs that many pointz?

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2010, 11:36:18 am »

No, not at all. Apparently they'll let you redeem 1000PTZ for $150 - > this wouldn't be at all sustainable if they guaranteed everyone with enough PTZ a chance at it. 6PTZ per 30 second video (+15 second ad...) means you can get 1000PTZ in about three hours.

They're not even saying when exactly the redemption period is going to open again. They might be hinting at June 19th, but it's hard to say for sure. Chances are that they'll only open the redemption section for a few hours, then 'run out of stock'. The people who weren't lucky will have to wait until next month and during that period, hey, they might as well keep watching their videos and answering their questions, inviting their friends, etc. It's really quite clever.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2010, 01:08:36 pm »

Yea.
It's dumb but you have a chance to get something so it's sort of worth it.
Like gambleing, except this is no risk.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 01:11:17 pm »

The risk is all that time you wasted
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2010, 01:22:12 pm »

the raw conversion of time=money...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2010, 01:23:46 pm »

Of course there's risk. There's the risk of wasting your life trying to get "PTZ" that can never be redeemed for anything useful.
Okay, so I've found through some crude stats that Lockerz has several million users (probably more). Now, are you willing to bet that out of millions of people who want to get an XBox, you will be one of the, say, ten who actually get it? The chances are something like winning $10,000 in the Powerball lottery.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2010, 06:29:24 pm »

There is actually a site somewhere that does this stuff legitimately, but it's not very easy to earn the points. They give points based on a percentage of the advertising revenue they get, and set aside that money for redemption of prizes or something, and it ends up being small but real. Can't remember what it was called. It gives plausibility to sites like this one, which are basically a lottery kind of scam. You take your time and gamble that your time will pay off.

I think the "legitimate" sites pay better than the wage of an average individual in a 3rd world nation, but don't meet federal minimum wage standards. Maybe 4 dollars of "points" after an hour of work of clicking and filling out forms. That also caps to a max amount a week too, since there are only so many advertisements in that system, therefore only so many that can be clicked, and they gotta be unique views or something. Either way, if you are at least 14, you can get a work permit with parental permission and work at a day labor place and earn about twice what you could do clicking around on the internet. There are restrictions on those that vary too much from state to state to give more details, but if you want to buy that Playstation 3, perhaps you should talk to your School Guidance councilor and your parents rather than spend weeks clicking links that potentially infect your computer with dangerous spyware.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2010, 08:22:53 pm »

I guess you could make a program to do it and earn some extra money?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]