Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't Trade  (Read 569 times)

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't Trade
« on: June 03, 2010, 09:57:59 pm »

I'm trading with the elves at the moment, and the trade option is grayed out entirely. I'm not offering them anything with wood in it (though I did once, and then closed the trade window and reopened it), its above their weight limit, they're making nearly 100% profit, but pressing 't' results in absolutely nothing. Any suggestions?

This is DF2010, btw
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:01:24 pm by WJLIII3 »

Fourdots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Trade
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:03:22 pm »

If you offered them something with wood, they're now offended, and will refuse to trade with you and leave immediately (well, once you unpause the game). They'll be back next year, and it will proceed normally at that point. If they have anything you need, seize it and then repay them next year; if not, just let them leave and don't worry about it.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 06:59:49 am »

See if you can get a dwarf with Judge of Intent skill (Novice or better) - nearly any dwarf that's been talking for a while should have it. This will let you see the mood of the elf merchants.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 03:46:09 pm »

is it not strange how you cant trade an elf something in a bin or barrel but they can,  is not strange how they complaina bout you knocking trees down but will bring you a few dozen logs if you do not have wood
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.