Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Treasure Trove / Dragon Nest  (Read 1133 times)

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
Treasure Trove / Dragon Nest
« on: June 18, 2010, 01:05:52 pm »

Not sure if anyone has tossed this out there yet.

An underground occurrence, like lakes, caverns, spider nests, demon forts etc.

A large circular occurrence, spanning a few Z levels, containing two or three dragons. At the bottom, a pile of gold items (goblets, coins, flasks, weapons) and some cut gems.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure Trove / Dragon Nest
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 02:12:09 pm »

well maybe there cave are full of Treasure to dwafs, i mean all that booze :)

dragons do steal stuff in world gen maybe thay will start to eat some of it.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 03:21:16 pm »

having the option to embark on the location of megabeast would certainly add a bigger challange. It might be fun if when you embark on such a location they have a diffrend AI where they attack until they have eaten/stolen enough and then leave this might make an intresting effect.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 04:35:16 pm »

you can embark to start a fort in there cave.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 05:14:40 am »

A large circular occurrence, spanning a few Z levels, containing two or three dragons. At the bottom, a pile of gold items (goblets, coins, flasks, weapons) and some cut gems.
And they could have a tribe of kobolds enlisted to enlarge their hoard with shiny stuff.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 11:55:18 am »

And they could have a tribe of kobolds enlisted to enlarge their hoard with shiny stuff.

Y'know, that's not bad. Or dark gnomes, or "drakelings" or something. You start a fortress on an embark site, and suddenly you notice a specific type of critter in the fort going after the stockpiles of gold and gems and such. You know then there's a Trove or Keep somewhere below.

I really brought this up because Dwarf Fortress, while dwarvenly, doesn't seem -greedy- enough. Sure, you're judged by your wealth, and the valuable makes any sane dwarf happy, but it's almost as if the rest of the world has forgotten you're tapping into rich veins of everything over here.

Thieves are sparse, goblins are just bloodthirsty, and humans seem peaceful and co-operative.

I want the game to be really centered around the -horde-. The whole fortress built around the most heavily fortified location: the vault. Where if you make golden goods, you best hide them away 'lest word of wealth rises, and sieges occur from legions of shadowed thieves.

I don't know. I like DF as it is, but it seems too set on the survival and well being of the dwarf through shiny things, now the well being and acquisition of shiny things through dwarfs.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 10:59:48 pm »

Y'know, that's not bad. Or dark gnomes, or "drakelings" or something.

Drakes.

"Drakes first came into the public awareness in the 2060s but appear to have been around prior to that in the Sixth World. It is said that in the Fourth World they were servants created by the dragons for dragons.* At some point, drakes became capable of carrying on their traits to offspring.

Drakes draw their appearance from one of the four dracoforms. In addition, they can be divided into two broad groups: true drakes, who were created by a dragon, and bred drakes, who were born with the traits that manifest at some later point."

Hehehe.

*If I recall correctly it was because the dragons didn't want to subjugate any of the already present sentient races (elves, dwarves, orcs, trolls, etc.)